• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Digital Instrument Cluster

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At my age, I still enjoy them and they aren't a problem yet and all my vehicles are analog
Hope you never get to that point. My Camaro is a combination with a 1½" speedo led between the dias, The pickup is analog but with a red needle on a white/silver background. Good contrast and easy to read. My bike is black needle on white background. Baring a digital option the contrast is necessary for me

Last edited:

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you want to see another implementation of this digital dash cluster technology check out the new Audi TT gauge cluster:

2015-Audi-TT-interior-cluster.jpg

http://blog.caranddriver.com/new-audi-tts-gauge-cluster-will-spread-to-three-other-models-by-2015/
That's OK, but whatever you do don't talk on the phone????

Ernie

Elio Fan
Reaction score

Ernie

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hope you never get to that point. My Camaro is a combination with a 1½" speedo led between the dias, The pickup is amalog but with a red needle on a white/silver background. Good contrast and easy to read. My bike is black needle on white background. Baring a digital option the contrast is necessary for me
You could have a high contrast black/white mode for when lighting makes it difficult to see.

Ernie

Elio Fan
Reaction score
That's OK, but whatever you do don't talk on the phone????
I appreciate your concern for distractions. But people are already talking on their phone now while driving. This panel won't change that. I do agree that there must be a lockout of sorts to prevent you from surfing or reading your mail while driving so you can't get into those modes unless the car is stopped. (engine off)

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate your concern for distractions. But people are already talking on their phone now while driving. This panel won't change that. I do agree that there must be a lockout of sorts to prevent you from surfing or reading your mail while driving so you can't get into those modes unless the car is stopped. (engine off)
I don't have an issue with phones it's putting a map where you have to take your eyes off the road for an extended period of time that's insane. If anybody equipped with one of these hits me I guarantee I'm going after the manufacturer as well as the driver.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with phones it's putting a map where you have to take your eyes off the road for an extended period of time that's insane. If anybody equipped with one of these hits me I guarantee I'm going after the manufacturer as well as the driver.
This is better placed than most for that, in my car I practically have to look at my lap for the navigation system and rely on audio instructions.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio's plan to use existing components to keep the price down still applies. Keep it simple and at the least cost possible. Simplicity in functionality should prevail
Yep My bet is a mechanical speedo and a simple tach that works of distribute pulses to match. Given that we don't know what they'll do for engine management we can't even guess if we can tie into it with a computer, aftermarket or otherwise.

Top Bottom