• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Defending The Elio

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think for the Elio, we'll just read the owner's manual, and if there's any sort of "breaking in" activities suggested, we'll do it then.

I have seen a few models of car over the years where the owner's manual had various suggestions of "break-in" activities to do. Change the oil a bit sooner than usual for the first 10k miles... for the first 50 miles, don't drive it over 65 mph... etc.

This isn't a new car, but one that apparently needs to be at operating temperature before you should actually 'drive it like you stole it', whatever that means...

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
This isn't a new car, but one that apparently needs to be at operating temperature before you should actually 'drive it like you stole it', whatever that means...

Ah, I got ya, my bad. I suppose the simple answer is: you do want that oil to be fluid and doing its thing, lubricating all metallic parts, before the RPMs reach a number higher than the current year. ;)

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oddly enough my experience has been quite different. I have brought the Elio into conversation with a number of friends and colleagues and many have not only heard of it, but are intrigued by the concept.
You must have a higher class of friends than I. I kept having to shift the conversation away from
Another ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Secret: Uncle Poodle To Marry Into Family With Shocking Murder & Molestation Scandals.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You must have a higher class of friends than I. I kept having to shift the conversation away from
Another ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Secret: Uncle Poodle To Marry Into Family With Shocking Murder & Molestation Scandals.

sorry.gif
that must be tough ..

Jim

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My family all think I'm crazy anyway, but believe me the feeling goes both ways. If it don't have at least 6 cylinders and 4X4 it's not road worthy for this crowd. Perpetual 5 years of payments is the only way to go. I just shake my head and accept I have a wealth of knuckle draggers in my tree.
My Daughter lives in Melbourne. Her ex is one of those. That he spent all the family saved on his own stuff lost him more than he will ever know, my daughter.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
for me, it would, depending on whose butt -as previously suggested have handi-wipes readily available (lol)
OH no the humor around here is sinking to "Honey booboo" caliber of humor. Even handy wipes can't fix this. MYEYES MYEYE. I can't seem to un-see what what I'm seeing here. !!!!

Top Bottom