• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Defending The Elio

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I opened a new bank account the other day and was talking to the bank representative about the Elio. He had never heard of it, despite having subscriptions to MotorTrend, Car and Driver, and one other I can't remember. He was very interested after I told him all the basics about it. He said he would definitely check out ElioMotors website and he seemed very interested. It was my first experience being an "Elio evangelist".

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I haven't ran into any people dissing the Elio. I have it as my wallpaper on my laptop at work (and home for that matter), and the majority of people walking up are Engineers of one kind, or another. Once I lay down the general specs (as advertised), they're even more interested. Wouldn't be surprised is some of them are 'lurking' this site, or Elio Motors right now!:)

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I opened a new bank account the other day and was talking to the bank representative about the Elio. He had never heard of it, despite having subscriptions to MotorTrend, Car and Driver, and one other I can't remember. He was very interested after I told him all the basics about it. He said he would definitely check out ElioMotors website and he seemed very interested. It was my first experience being an "Elio evangelist".
"Elio evangelist" I like that, I get Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hot Rodding, and now for no reason I can think of, Motor Trend shows up in my mailbox. I can't wait 'till one of the major car publications at least mentions the Elio.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got a phone call the other day from a credit card company day offering me a good interest rate on a credit card (sound familiar) I told him I don't pay interest on my credit card . He said 'how can that be' I said my bill shows up the end of the month, and I pay it, next thing I heard was a dial tone.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got a phone call the other day from a credit card company day offering me a good interest rate on a credit card (sound familiar) I told him I don't pay interest on my credit card . He said 'how can that be' I said my bill shows up the end of the month, and I pay it, next thing I heard was a dial tone.

the banks consider us "dead beats" i.e. anyone who pays their statement in full each month.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 51 years olds. I am a professional scientisti surrounded by a lot of highly educated people. Even as old as I am and doing what I'm doing I am continually taken aback by the power of the word 'no'. It is a substitute for true thought and genuine understanding and the antithesis of vision. People use 'no' because unlike 'yes', 'no' doesn't require justification. Don't like something but don't have a good reason not to like it? Just say 'that's bullshit'. No one can (yet) prove that it isn't, can they?

People who don't like the Elio will say all sorts of ill-considered things: it's a scam, it'll never happen, they'll never get enough money to make it go, etc. People who DO have genuine knowledge or vision or have thought deeply about something from many angles are often far more positive because they are saying 'yes' for good reason. Likewise those of us who have thought about the Elio look at all the data and think, 'yeah, this is likely to go and to be a big seller.'

I tend to call naysayers out. Fortunately, I just haven't run into anyone who reflexively opposes the Elio.

Top Bottom