• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Decided Against Elio

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before I wasn't going to wait forever for any car and I have ordered a 2016 Subaru Legacy with the premium package.. Does it get 84MPG? Nope it gets 36+MPG and that's a midsize 2.5 liter engine car with AWD and loaded with options.. Rides beautifully and handles well and rated 10 out of 10 for safety plus I added the Eyesight package.. For everyone here I wish you the best as I have officially forfeited my $100.00 all-in deposit and I have no regrets.. Good luck everyone especially Z :)

Ray

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Jebar.. Two blizzards in a one week span convinced me that AWD makes sense plus with all the driving I do comfort and safety are factors..

I can easily see how two blizzards in one week could get one's attention .. :sad: .. who knows, somewhere down the line an Elio might become an "and" car for you .. :bounce:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before I wasn't going to wait forever for any car and I have ordered a 2016 Subaru Legacy with the premium package.. Does it get 84MPG? Nope it gets 36+MPG and that's a midsize 2.5 liter engine car with AWD and loaded with options.. Rides beautifully and handles well and rated 10 out of 10 for safety plus I added the Eyesight package.. For everyone here I wish you the best as I have officially forfeited my $100.00 all-in deposit and I have no regrets.. Good luck everyone especially Z :)

Ray
Excellent choice- enjoy!!

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never know, when your number comes up, you might still decide to get it. Hate to say it, but it might be sometime, so who knows how you might feel then.

Congrats on your new car. Enjoy.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Jebar.. Two blizzards in a one week span convinced me that AWD makes sense plus with all the driving I do comfort and safety are factors..
This got me thinking I wonder if my elio will pull my 550 pound snowmobile up the mountain...lol I think I will leave the duramax hooked up to it but I wonder the tow rating of an ELIO?

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good evening to all of my "old friends" here on our Elio Family Forum! It's been a very long time since my last visit. Main reason is that this forum lost a lot of it's life and passion the day that our beloved Zelio passed without ever taking ownership of the vehicle that she had great love and passion for. Her belief was deep while mine has been weak.

I must agree that the constant "moving of the goal posts" by Elio Motors has not and is not comforting to many. I went ALL IN @ $1000 back at the end of February of 2014. . . . . . . . , many of you were in way before that.

Yes, the waiting game and the uncertainty of this investment have been frustrating, but I long ago decided that this was just a scam and have long since written my money off. Wasted? Hmm. . . . . . Not really. It's been an entertaining year and a half, and in my 70 years, I've wasted much more money than this peddling $1000 dollars on things that I KNEW were a waste. But this one has really caught many of us off guard, and that can anger.

Good luck to all of you that are still here, and I do wish the best to those youngsters that are just getting in. . . . . , but trust me; Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy as well, are ALL GONE!

Maybe a few of us will live to see this thing through to the end; whatever that Amy be.

Should I be so lucky, I will drive my Elio with pride. . . . . . , but I won't be holding my breath! :confused:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good evening to all of my "old friends" here on our Elio Family Forum! It's been a very long time since my last visit. Main reason is that this forum lost a lot of it's life and passion the day that our beloved Zelio passed without ever taking ownership of the vehicle that she had great love and passion for. Her belief was deep while mine has been weak.

I must agree that the constant "moving of the goal posts" by Elio Motors has not and is not comforting to many. I went ALL IN @ $1000 back at the end of February of 2014. . . . . . . . , many of you were in way before that.

Yes, the waiting game and the uncertainty of this investment have been frustrating, but I long ago decided that this was just a scam and have long since written my money off. Wasted? Hmm. . . . . . Not really. It's been an entertaining year and a half, and in my 70 years, I've wasted much more money than this peddling $1000 dollars on things that I KNEW were a waste. But this one has really caught many of us off guard, and that can anger.

Good luck to all of you that are still here, and I do wish the best to those youngsters that are just getting in. . . . . , but trust me; Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy as well, are ALL GONE!

Maybe a few of us will live to see this thing through to the end; whatever that Amy be.

Should I be so lucky, I will drive my Elio with pride. . . . . . , but I won't be holding my breath! :confused:
Hey Music Man, I've missed you! At times we were the only ones on here late nights. I come on late nights hoping I can catch you, to no avail. I'm sorry to hear you have lost hope of driving your Elio someday, however I can say I can't blame you. Losing Z was a surprising and extreme blow to this forum. "Yes, I miss her Too!" When this happens ( yes I'm still a believer) I'm still hoping to swing by your place and say, "Hey!" Until then drop in every once in a while and say hi, okay.;)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Music Man, I've missed you! At times we were the only ones on here late nights. I come on late nights hoping I can catch you, to no avail. I'm sorry to hear you have lost hope of driving your Elio someday, however I can say I can't blame you. Losing Z was a surprising and extreme blow to this forum. "Yes, I miss her Too!" When this happens ( yes I'm still a believer) I'm still hoping to swing by your place and say, "Hey!" Until then drop in every once in a while and say hi, okay.;)

Please don't count me completely out. I'm still with you on this deal and am still holding your place at the table, should you ever venture into this neck of the woods. I just don't visit here as often, cause the disappointment is at times too over whelming.

Let's stay in touch and keep the faith!

I rather like being on here in the early morning hours as well.

Top Bottom