• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Custom Paint Options

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I thought about getting a unique paint job I did what every person with the internet does..I googled pics...
Too many to mention, just google it

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A part of opting out of paint for credit is that different types of paint require different primers. You will still really need to remove the body, DA the entire thing to remove the existing primer, prep, prime, then repaint. You could DA, prime and paint body on I suppose. Results will vary with the quality of the shop and funds available.

Jonathan Downey

Reaction score
I have been writing Elio about the color selection of "True Blue". I am hoping to convince them that Performance Blue would be a much better choice!!! Please help me persuade them! We don't want to go the way of the old Ford Mustang blue!!!

2013_focus_st_performance_blue.jpg

vs.

03-jonny-sparks-reversion-mustang-blue.jpg

and

elio-by-elio-motors_0-100_4.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been writing Elio about the color selection of "True Blue". I am hoping to convince them that Performance Blue would be a much better choice!!! Please help me persuade them! We don't want to go the way of the old Ford Mustang blue!!!

2013_focus_st_performance_blue.jpg

vs.

03-jonny-sparks-reversion-mustang-blue.jpg

and

elio-by-elio-motors_0-100_4.jpg
Personally I prefer the Elio True Blue to all of the above. Just a personal choice as are all colors. :-) Z

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my neighbors is restoring a Boss 302, in that old "Grabber Blue". It's correct for the model, but it's not quite for me. IDK, maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to have a color that requires I wash and polish the car almost daily, I want one that shows off my hard work - probably something a little darker, more like a Mediterranean or Royal Blue like the Ford in "Performance Blue" above.

OTOH, I once had a white car I painted my color of choice in those days, "Green Velvet Metallic", aka "pool table". On the way home from the paint shop I nearly passed out. It was July, I was stuck in rush hour traffic, and I had yet to install the aftermarket air conditioning system. I never knew just how much heat that OEM white reflected, but I was being broiled alive, even with my "360 air-conditioning system" (3 open windows, 60 miles per hour). At least I had a nice "baked" finish by the time I got home. The car had one too. ;)

Top Bottom