• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Custom Paint Options

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am going in a direction I have not seen examples of...somewhere I will end up and look around and not see a soul..

The EE is EEnique. And so will the "paint job" on my EE. So unique I do not know what it will be...if I can get the vehicle with just primer on it that maybe how I will leave it. And when someone inquires about the vehicle I will tell them I built it from scratch. I might even take a spray can of primer and make it look even more home made. It will be my little joke. People that don't know about em will look at it and shake their heads....40 years from then they will tell their great grandchildren about the day they saw the guy that made the FIRST EE ever built.

The second consideration will be to take anEE with either primer or one of those flat cheap paint jobs and do one of two things.
Get a keg and a few friends to come by and paint whatever they feel like on the EE or, coordinate with one of the local high school art teachers to buy the paint and the brushes and have the kids go crazy...maybe she could actually do some actual contest to see what they are going to paint it, if not just graffiti it up.
After the friends or the kids get done I will drop it off at a buds paint shop and have him clear cut the sumbitch.
That will be EEnique. And don't you sum itches steal my idea. I am gonna win a trophy at every EEvent I got to.
Maybe I am lost, but what is an "EE"?

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
< I'm starting to lean towards having my car painted instead of wrapped, see my avatar for the design.

I've gone around various websites getting price quotes for painting vs wrap and I'm definitely going the painting route. There isn't a big cost difference between the two, and many of the sites mention that wraps typically only look good for the first five years before needing replacement.

Brian1362, it's a name (a nice one) that he made up - Elio Eagle.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea, would be especially beneficial for those who want to do a vinyl wrap.
If I'm not mistaking, wrap must be placed over finished paint or you may not be able to get it off when it comes time to change it out or it may not stick very long.

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to paint it flat black then light candles and let the was drip all over the car like they do with the wine glass bottles.. Hey you know you want to copy my idea...!

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to paint it flat black then light candles and let the was drip all over the car like they do with the wine glass bottles.. Hey you know you want to copy my idea...!
Probably not going to borrow idea. I did see on "Lord of the Car Hoards" they used fire while painting (Corvair van), pretty wild, I really liked the look of final product.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
untitled.png
I kinda like graphics.

Top Bottom