• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Custom Paint Options

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
She looks like a very fun bad idea! :D

But seriously after seeing one of Silas Sunday's recent creations if I were to do some custom paint I am starting to lean towards a flat black based paint job.

View attachment 2587

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elio-Motors-Design-Concepts/484050635028288
That is gorgeous but I have to wonder about the flat black based paint. My front door is metal and has flat paint and it is awful to keep clean. In fact if I could I would repaint it. It was dirty when I moved in so I tried to clean it. No go. Granted, it is not black, but still. . . . . . . . :-) Z

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the one I think I like best. The shadows make it hard to see, but I think what it shows is a mat gray roof and hood, with a solid white area under that , with a black key line to separate the white from the orange (the underlying color). What I like about tis is it has almost a Bently-esque quality to it, AND, since you're only painting / wrapping half the car, it would be much less expensive!

I sure hope he's not blending the gray into the white ... that probably means paint, not wrap. But I'm out of my depth with just how these things are designed or fabricated.

What I don't know is whether you have to lay down the whole area in the gray, then layer the white over that, thus increasing the cost. Note the little pointy bit in the front (it's called a "finial") -- nice touch, really pulls the gray into the car's color and design. Silas Sunday is GOOD!

10305177_521380864628598_2886112678918843331_n-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio's right, the last color you want is flat or satin black. I've had black inserts on a couple of cars and it not only shows every fingerprint, you have to clean the whole black section. If you wipe up just a fingerprint or two, the clean spot shows as bad as the prints.

With the Elio's potential for collecting fingerprints wherever you park, you're going to spend a lot of time wiping down your Elio every time you board.

Top Bottom