• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cnn And Elio - Super-cool Cars

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My phony electric Elio dream is shattered. The ev West conversion kits are in the $6k + range not to include a battery pack and labor......yikes! Although, $6800 Elio + 6000 ev kit + $4000 (?) battery pack + labor (?) maybe a high performance Electric Elio for under $20k is possible. A good value? I don't know! Fun to think about? YES! Somebody will do it.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In terms of performance I do think there will be turbo kits that come on the market pretty quickly for them. At 22.7 lbs per HP there will be few if any cars that accelerate worse. In that regard I find in interesting that so many people that drive them feel they are fun to drive. It's been my experience that mildly entertaining starts at 12 lbs per HP, fun at 10 lbs per HP, OMG at 8 lbs per HP and who needs a mistress when I have this car at 6 lbs per HP.
Great that you have your driving pleasures down to a simple equation. Trouble is that you and a magazine in the bathroom dont even require a car. Of course Im sure you probably have a per pound torque problem still. LOL

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
could be bad, if, like me, you're expecting NOT to "feel the road" like some luxury sports cars do.

and why would the prototype not have the "off the shelf" final suspension parts now?
I have always thought the Elio would be a sporty road feel ride simply based on it's three wheel configuration. I'm hoping most don't feel it will be a jet smoot ride.......they may be disappointed.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
could be bad, if, like me, you're expecting NOT to "feel the road" like some luxury sports cars do.

and why would the prototype not have the "off the shelf" final suspension parts now?
At $6800 or even $7300 i am not expecting a luxury sports car, I am sure someone will come out with a suspension modification kit if the ride is to stiff or rough.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At $6800 or even $7300 i am not expecting a luxury sports car, I am sure someone will come out with a suspension modification kit if the ride is to stiff or rough.

I am also not expecting Cadillac ride quality. Elio has stated the ride quality will be better than the prototype. So to me that means like econo box like ride quality

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best thing in that article is the Aston Martin's grill. A reduced size of that shaped grill on the front of the Elio. That would look good. IMO:)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It seems best to equate Elio's ride to a three wheel mautorcycle than a luxury car.

outside of a Stallion (no experience with a Honda), based on my experience with regular three wheel motorcycles, that would not be a good thing ....

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems best to equate Elio's ride to a three wheel mautorcycle than a luxury car.
While agree that it doesn't make sense to compare any part of a budget-priced vehicle to that of a luxury car, the average consumer is going to compare it to a "normal car" even if it technically belongs to a different vehicle class.

Top Bottom