• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cnn And Elio - Super-cool Cars

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I wondered about the possibility of Zelectric's possible interest in retrofitting an Elio to electric. Their specialty is VW Bugs but why not Zelectric Elio's.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I wondered about the possibility of Zelectric's possible interest in retrofitting an Elio to electric. Their specialty is VW Bugs but why not Zelectric Elio's.

With such an inexpensive base vehicle I am certain someone will sell an electrified versions and/or electric conversion kits. Once they hit the road it will be a lot of fun to see the creative ways people modify these things. For instance, I know we have at least one member who wants to use an Elio as the base chassis which he will modify to accommodate his own body design. :cool:

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With such an inexpensive base vehicle I am certain someone will sell an electrified versions and/or electric conversion kits. Once they hit the road it will be a lot of fun to see the creative ways people modify these things. For instance, I know we have at least one member who wants to use an Elio as the base chassis which he will modify to accommodate his own body design. :cool:
I could see a modified version as a Bonneville Salt Flats Racer here in Utah!

Last edited:

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There going be some huge breakthrough(s) in batteries, cheaper, higher energy density, lower weight, longer life.

There will certainly an Elio-type EVs.

If not from Elio motors, then from somebody else, benefitting from the substantial market Elio hope to create or uncover, for low-weight, efficient, one person enclosed transport.

Yep, electric hubs and batteries or fuel cells in Elio-type vehicles. more reliable, more quiet, lower maintenance.

All well within 10 years, maybe even 5 years.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please no phony Elio electric car. Just get the thing built with the ICE it is meant to have.
That's exactly what I'm looking for too with no delays. But the phony electric if I choose to after market retrofit for a quiet, high performance higher MPGe rating city ride it's an option I would like to have personally. I certainly don't mean to force higher cost and screaming fast off the line performance on you.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelectric is doing an amazing job of retrofitting old VWs. I've emailed them about their interest in doing an Elio. Seems like a logical fit.........since the Elio may have the crazy popularity of the original VW. Go Eliomania!

Last edited:
Top Bottom