• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cnn And Elio - Super-cool Cars

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"the Elio prototype I drove ... had a brutal ride"

hmm, how different was that suspension from production suspension? I'm really not interested in a "hard tail" motorcycle ride.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I wondered about the possibility of Zelectric's possible interest in retrofitting an Elio to electric. Their specialty is VW Bugs but why not Zelectric Elio's.
Considering northern Colorado has 300 days of sunshine per year and I spend half an hour to an hour each way in stop-and-go traffic, maybe I can get mine solar powered! :D

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In terms of performance I do think there will be turbo kits that come on the market pretty quickly for them. At 22.7 lbs per HP there will be few if any cars that accelerate worse. In that regard I find in interesting that so many people that drive them feel they are fun to drive. It's been my experience that mildly entertaining starts at 12 lbs per HP, fun at 10 lbs per HP, OMG at 8 lbs per HP and who needs a mistress when I have this car at 6 lbs per HP.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In terms of performance I do think there will be turbo kits that come on the market pretty quickly for them. At 22.7 lbs per HP there will be few if any cars that accelerate worse. In that regard I find in interesting that so many people that drive them feel they are fun to drive. It's been my experience that mildly entertaining starts at 12 lbs per HP, fun at 10 lbs per HP, OMG at 8 lbs per HP and who needs a mistress when I have this car at 6 lbs per HP.
Try driving a truck. I slog around at 80lbs per HP in my work vehicle. After that, my personal car which has a similar weight to power ratio as the Elio feels downright peppy!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just curious who are you quoting?
The money cnn guy was comparing Elio's ride being similar to the Alpha Rameo 4C's.
image.jpg
How bad could that be! He must have been sitting on a wallet full of money.

Top Bottom