• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bricklen 3ev?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be happy to see it released to the early reservation holders in a few short months....then I'll schedule my all important test drive!
I plan on a test drive too as soon as it gets near me! If I have that same silly ear to grin on my face during my SOLO test drive that I had during my FUV test drive, I may buy one as a supplement to my FUV. I’ll be sorry I gave up my $1K match SOLO reservation deposit.

Last edited:

Rabrandt99

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since nobody drove the Elio, how would it have helped? It could have hurt. Driving a vehicle makes a big difference and for all we know, the Elio could have drove terrible. I wonder if it was not that great, thus the reason why just about everyone was forbidden to drive it. If it was a hoot to drive, you'd think that Elio would have had everyone behind the wheel.

The sad thing is, people HAVE driven the Elio prototypes. It's been done on shows like Translogic and Henry Ford's Innovation Nation, with the rest being Youtubers. Everyone who went about describing the drive listed it as being fun, with a few issues here and there that would get addressed when Elio refined areas for production.

The majority of it happened in 2015, with the Translogic episode happening in 2014 (and that was the turning point on getting me onboard the Elio, seeing it drive and how the host Jonathan Buckley was enjoying himself).

So, here are all the examples I've found of people driving the Elio...

Translogic, Innovation Nation, ChrisFix, Autobytel, Saabkyle04, and Engineering Explained.

Since E1-C was meant to be near-production ready (moreso than the P4 which they let people drive or the P5 which had the disasterous fender incident), it always struck me as odd that they never did more promotions of having people drive that version. I mean, even Patrick Byrne indicated he drove the E1-C in that Bruce Fenton periscope video!

Lots of missed opportunities, unfortunately.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The sad thing is, people HAVE driven the Elio prototypes. It's been done on shows like Translogic and Henry Ford's Innovation Nation, with the rest being Youtubers. Everyone who went about describing the drive listed it as being fun, with a few issues here and there that would get addressed when Elio refined areas for production.

The majority of it happened in 2015, with the Translogic episode happening in 2014 (and that was the turning point on getting me onboard the Elio, seeing it drive and how the host Jonathan Buckley was enjoying himself).

So, here are all the examples I've found of people driving the Elio...

Translogic, Innovation Nation, ChrisFix, Autobytel, Saabkyle04, and Engineering Explained.

Since E1-C was meant to be near-production ready (moreso than the P4 which they let people drive or the P5 which had the disasterous fender incident), it always struck me as odd that they never did more promotions of having people drive that version. I mean, even Patrick Byrne indicated he drove the E1-C in that Bruce Fenton periscope video!

Lots of missed opportunities, unfortunately.
That's the thing. Those were up and coming YouTube channels. So, yes they will use words like "fun" and "neat" but someone could claim the Mirage is "fun" too. Elio missed the opportunity to get people behind the wheel and I still wonder why Elio wouldn't allow anyone to drive it. Elio was prevalent in many malls that had massive parking lots. Why they never had a second Elio for people to cruise around in a blocked off place in the parking lot, is beyond me. The only way to get to drive the Black Elio seems to be buying $2.5M in stock. Patrick Byrne was the lucky single person to do that but he used his piggy bank (Overstock) to do so.

It still brings me back to the Elio experience. There's never been a way to see what it's like. Sounds like nobody has ever driven a Vanderhall here but maybe they should. Same for a Slingshot. That's because they have actual dealers and actual product on the dealer floor. It strikes me odd that people who are super excited about three wheelers would not take the free opportunity to just get the experience. I know they are way to expensive to buy but they will let you drive them, for free.

As soon as the Solo and FUV gets their dealers and stock going, then I'll drive one. Right now I'm not going to spend a bunch of money to fly to the West Coast just to drive one. This is where I feel that Solo and FUV are messing up big time. They are regional right now and they could easily set up a few dealers just East of the Mississippi. I live 90 minutes from NYC and Philly. They are massive markets yet both avoid them for people like me that want the FUV or Solo experience. I might buy one. Hopefully they get their act together because if they are as fun as everyone says, then they could penetrate a huge market and get tons of reservations.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RSchneider, I’m aware of all the current three wheelers available on the market.

Odd? The reason I haven’t test driven the CanAm Spyder, Vanderhall, Slingshot, etc. is because I have zero interest in the styling, the vehicle platform, and wouldn’t consider buying one. I had interest in the Elio, the FUV, and the SOLO concepts. My interest evolved into your referenced FUV “super excited”, only after my test drive based on it’s EZ ingress/egress, performance, handling, driver comfort, drive open or enclosed, and higher level of safety standards over a typical motorcycle. The retail production FUV has improved over the Betas as a result of road testing and the FMVSS certification. Arcimoto has a direct to consumer FUV sales model Arcimoto operated and Franchised Operated Rentail/Servicing Stores with a few up and running in OR, FL, CA, and Costa Rica. ElectraMecannica has plans for dealerships with a couple apparently open/offering test drives in WA & CA.

Avoid you and millions of potential East Coast Arcimoto customers? Arcimoto spent a week in NYC with 3 retail production test drive FUVs a month ago working their way to Florida. The 3rd or 4th trip to the east Coast over the past couple years.

Messing up big time? Arcimoto’s business plan seems to provide for a fiscally responsible, calculated production scale, and strategic retail/servicing network roll to the East Coast to insure they get it right out the gate, all while developing the Deliverator and First Responder FUV platform models. Arcimoto has a long range plan and has met all of their major milestones along the way to their successful 9.19.19 retail production roll out. Slow, but steady progress with retail sales revenue starting to trickle in. I hope the Trickles of money turn into a flood of cash in a relatively short time during the anticipated 2020 production scale. A successful Arcimoto and ElectraMeccanica roll out will help make for a successful Elio roll out.

Last edited:

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since nobody drove the Elio, how would it have helped? It could have hurt. Driving a vehicle makes a big difference and for all we know, the Elio could have drove terrible. I wonder if it was not that great, thus the reason why just about everyone was forbidden to drive it. If it was a hoot to drive, you'd think that Elio would have had everyone behind the wheel.
I seem to remember someone drove it and the fender fell off.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC it was in New York?
Yes, New York, they had just pulled up, unloaded from the trailer, and someone put the fender back on (they have to take it off to fit in the trailer) but never tightened the fasteners. First drive, and in the turn it fell off. It was a human OOPPSS rather then a part malfunction.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Roush announcement was back in March 2016. You'd think by now, Roush has the Elio perfected. Roush can perfect 4 wheelers in that period of time. With this Roush Elio that has been in the pipeline for almost 4 years, you'd think someone in the outside world would take a few laps in it.
On the other hand, Elon didn't ask for non refundables when it came to the Cybertruck. So, for people that decide that they don't want it, they have an easy out. Plus, Tesla already makes products you can buy, Elio does not. So who would you trust with your deposit, Elon or Elio?
Yes, New York, they had just pulled up, unloaded from the trailer, and someone put the fender back on (they have to take it off to fit in the trailer) but never tightened the fasteners. First drive, and in the turn it fell off. It was a human OOPPSS rather then a part malfunction.
They did a poor job for shows. Should double check everything. At a pop up they brought it with a dead battery and covered in dust. The claims that they were showing it to investors beforehand was obviously BS

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hari and Paul did what they had to do to make their ‘forward looking statements’ look plausible and keep their funding machine running.

Top Bottom