• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bricklen 3ev?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"When you DROVE the ELIO" ????? Pay attention my friend, remember what we've been saying- there was no TEST DRIVE, just SHOW and TELL! ;)
Since nobody drove the Elio, how would it have helped? It could have hurt. Driving a vehicle makes a big difference and for all we know, the Elio could have drove terrible. I wonder if it was not that great, thus the reason why just about everyone was forbidden to drive it. If it was a hoot to drive, you'd think that Elio would have had everyone behind the wheel.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since nobody drove the Elio, how would it have helped? It could have hurt. Driving a vehicle makes a big difference and for all we know, the Elio could have drove terrible. I wonder if it was not that great, thus the reason why just about everyone was forbidden to drive it. If it was a hoot to drive, you'd think that Elio would have had everyone behind the wheel.
It's within the realm of possibility, yes. Just the same, we'll never know. EMV's SOLO test drives done by a popular car magazine gave it a so-so review only because it was not the pre-prod version but it did helped EMV to improve their design and it shows in their latest iteration. The SOLO 3 now incorporates a liquid-cooled batteries among other things. It's due out mid-year.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's within the realm of possibility, yes. Just the same, we'll never know. EMV's SOLO test drives done by a popular car magazine gave it a so-so review only because it was not the pre-prod version but it did helped EMV to improve their design and it shows in their latest iteration. The SOLO 3 now incorporates a liquid-cooled batteries among other things. It's due out mid-year.
Solo is in production and being sold to customers. So anyone can drive one. I could care less what some dude at a magazine says, I want to drive it myself. If magazines sold cars, then we'd never have to offer test drives. Yet we do. The magazines just get you pumped up or pumped down about a car. It's not a realistic expectation. If it was up to them (the rags) we'd all be driving manual transmission sports sedans and avoid SUV's like the plague. Yet we don't.
At this point, we have zero idea of what an Elio is like. It's just a guess. For example, I had an idea of what a Slingshot and Vanderhall were like but when I drove both, then I knew what I liked and what i did not. You seem to be big into three wheelers. So for all of them you have driven in the real world, which current ones do you like the best?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would also explain why they had to give it to Roush to work on it despite all the money/time ESG put into it. Also you could surmise the motor wasn't all that, or they wouldn't need a major (unnamed) motor company.
So maybe ELIO did us all a favor by not bringing it to production. Also would explain why Paul didn't drive it around (Like Musk has been doing with the CyberTruck) or no track reports, etc etc.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would also explain why they had to give it to Roush to work on it despite all the money/time ESG put into it. Also you could surmise the motor wasn't all that, or they wouldn't need a major (unnamed) motor company.
So maybe ELIO did us all a favor by not bringing it to production. Also would explain why Paul didn't drive it around (Like Musk has been doing with the CyberTruck) or no track reports, etc etc.
The Roush announcement was back in March 2016. You'd think by now, Roush has the Elio perfected. Roush can perfect 4 wheelers in that period of time. With this Roush Elio that has been in the pipeline for almost 4 years, you'd think someone in the outside world would take a few laps in it.
On the other hand, Elon didn't ask for non refundables when it came to the Cybertruck. So, for people that decide that they don't want it, they have an easy out. Plus, Tesla already makes products you can buy, Elio does not. So who would you trust with your deposit, Elon or Elio?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solo is in production and being sold to customers. So anyone can drive one. I could care less what some dude at a magazine says, I want to drive it myself. If magazines sold cars, then we'd never have to offer test drives. Yet we do. The magazines just get you pumped up or pumped down about a car. It's not a realistic expectation. If it was up to them (the rags) we'd all be driving manual transmission sports sedans and avoid SUV's like the plague. Yet we don't.
At this point, we have zero idea of what an Elio is like. It's just a guess. For example, I had an idea of what a Slingshot and Vanderhall were like but when I drove both, then I knew what I liked and what i did not. You seem to be big into three wheelers. So for all of them you have driven in the real world, which current ones do you like the best?
The few units they've sold to customers early on are night and day compared to what they're about to release which is the SOLO3. So now you understood why it's important to actually drive it, to get a feel of what it's like and that's why TEST DRIVE is important. And no, I'm not BIG on 3wheelers, but I'll buy what makes sense to me and that includes the price. Never driven any 3wheelers in my life, EV or ICE but I do pride myself of owning the most efficient mode of transportation there is.....that I can afford.....MY BICYCLE! ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not agree unless I have better information. When you drove the Elio, did you feel that everyone would be as super excited as they were about the FUV? Even though everyone was super excited about the FUV, they are struggling to make production which makes no sense because they should have had way more than Elio when it came to reservations.
Elio didn’t have a track tested prototype to use for test drives and/or the ATVM Loan approval process..........no engine.......no final specs.. Keep in mind the attached comments below made by a contract employee hired to assemble the planned 5 engineering vehicles with the $15 Million of Reg A+ Funds. Only 2.5 of those vehicles were partially completed. You don’t think Elio Motors would have been struggling to scale production numbers? I only wish Elio had a fully FMVSS certified production vehicle, was in the process of hiring/training employees, tooling the factory, parts suppliers, engine manufacturing, delivery, stores, Pep Boys servicing network, and the list goes on and on.

I don’t feel that everyone is excited about the FUV simply because I am, but it’s evident that everyone that actually test drives the FUV is excited based on the ear to ear grins on their faces. Some of those excited test drivers will choose to buy the FUV, some excited test drivers will choose not to buy because the FUV doesn’t quite meet their needs for personal reasons. Arcimoto wasn’t marketing reservations or SIL#’s by using discounting marketing tactics on a vehicle that was already to low priced to make a profit. Arcimoto was efficiently spending their limited private funding on R&D, while taking a simple $100 reservation deposit refundable at any time for any reason with current total of 4300+ Reservations. Arcimoto did their IPO funding round only after the R&D was complete using private venture capital and had 4 private owner Signature Series FUVs @ $43K on the road. First round Funding was used for tooling the AMP and building the required Beta Fleet required for road testing prior to finalizing the Retail FUV specs.. Arcimoto is currently assembling 2 or 3 units per day, delivering the first 100 individual and fleet sales retail orders, while scaling production & planning for expanding the retail sales and servicing network roll out. It takes time and there looks to be positive momentum from a reservationist and long term investor standpoint. No comparing the 2 startups. IMO.

0E28D92C-0ED0-4A18-9D05-A17DA7479CD9.jpeg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The few units they've sold to customers early on are night and day compared to what they're about to release which is the SOLO3. So now you understood why it's important to actually drive it, to get a feel of what it's like and that's why TEST DRIVE is important. And no, I'm not BIG on 3wheelers, but I'll buy what makes sense to me and that includes the price. Never driven any 3wheelers in my life, EV or ICE but I do pride myself of owning the most efficient mode of transportation there is.....that I can afford.....MY BICYCLE! ;)
Really eager to see the improvements on the SOLO3. The good news is EMVs manufacturing partner is ready, set, go! My guess is worth the wait!:)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio didn’t have a track tested prototype to use for test drives and/or the ATVM Loan approval process..........no engine.......no final specs.. Keep in mind the attached comments below made by a contract employee hired to assemble the planned 5 engineering vehicles with the $15 Million of Reg A+ Funds. Only 2.5 of those vehicles were partially completed. You don’t think Elio Motors would have been struggling to scale production numbers? I only wish Elio had a fully FMVSS certified production vehicle, was in the process of hiring/training employees, tooling the factory, parts suppliers, engine manufacturing, delivery, stores, Pep Boys servicing network, and the list goes on and on.

I don’t feel that everyone is excited about the FUV simply because I am, but it’s evident that everyone that actually test drives the FUV is excited based on the ear to ear grins on their faces. Some of those excited test drivers will choose to buy the FUV, some excited test drivers will choose not to buy because the FUV doesn’t quite meet their needs for personal reasons. Arcimoto wasn’t marketing reservations or SIL#’s by using discounting marketing tactics on a vehicle that was already to low priced to make a profit. Arcimoto was efficiently spending their limited private funding on R&D, while taking a simple $100 reservation deposit refundable at any time for any reason with current total of 4300+ Reservations. Arcimoto did their IPO funding round only after the R&D was complete using private venture capital and had 4 private owner Signature Series FUVs @ $43K on the road. First round Funding was used for tooling the AMP and building the required Beta Fleet required for road testing prior to finalizing the Retail FUV specs.. Arcimoto is currently assembling 2 or 3 units per day, delivering the first 100 individual and fleet sales retail orders, while scaling production & planning for expanding the retail sales and servicing network roll out. It takes time and there looks to be positive momentum from a reservationist and long term investor standpoint. No comparing the 2 startups. IMO.

View attachment 23872
Arcimoto sure did their homework alright Rickb!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really eager to see the improvements on the SOLO3. The good news is EMVs manufacturing partner is ready, set, go! My guess is worth the wait!:)
I'll be happy to see it released to the early reservation holders in a few short months....then I'll schedule my all important test drive!

Top Bottom