• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice, I like the solar charging and wireless nature, but not the price tag and having yet another app on my phone for just one thing. I will opt for a $50 backup camera with dedicated small screen and spend 30 minutes on the install, including tapping into the reverse lights. Scotchlok self stripping connectors make tapping into low power wiring a breeze. I wish I had found them years ago.
That's the way to go! You can actually get/buy an extension and plug it directly to the cig lighter and it's on all the time when you drive- like having a rear window on our ELIO! You need to buy a dual cig lighter adapter.

ddufon

Reaction score
Generally speaking, I'm happy with the design.
I'm not a fan of:
-gauges. unreadable
-tail lights. too boxy and 80's
-wheel aprons. I hope the offer painted versions as an option

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I'm happy with the design.
I'm not a fan of:
-gauges. unreadable
-tail lights. too boxy and 80's
-wheel aprons. I hope the offer painted versions as an option
Welcome to the Elio Owners Forum from the Pacific NW.

Gauges; that's been a long term discussion on here; what you see is what you get in this Generation of Elio
Taillights? You're the first person I've heard say something about the taillights.
Painted wheel aprons? Are you talking about the black sections on the rear of the front wheel covers and the rear of the Elio over the wheel?
They are plastic; that would be easy enough to spray paint to match the body color.
As for coming body match colors from the factory; that's another item that only has the one flavor and if you're getting the Licorice body color it will match :thumb:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the way to go! You can actually get/buy an extension and plug it directly to the cig lighter and it's on all the time when you drive- like having a rear window on our ELIO! You need to buy a dual cig lighter adapter.
You mean some people actually use that thing?

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did a little research on popcorn lung and vaping. From what I was able to gather, it's only an issue with the candy and fruit flavored oils. They have the same ingredient that the popcorn flavoring had.

Top Bottom