• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd replace all of it with a touch screen powered by either Android or Ubuntu (which is also Linux). Then the driver/user could customize it's look and feel to their exact desire.
If you find a way to do that, let me know. Currently there is nothing in aftermarket that will work.

I've done a lot of research on a replacement for the Elgin and have one combo I'm going with.

DrewBarfield

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find a way to do that, let me know. Currently there is nothing in aftermarket that will work.

I've done a lot of research on a replacement for the Elgin and have one combo I'm going with.

It's seems to me that the LCD or touchscreen would be the first choice. Jobs could be created by allowing 'dashboard themes' to be sold in an app store.

Do you have a link or pic for your replacement?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll leave the elgin dash alone....for now. It's one of the feature that makes our ELIO unique. It's not like I'm racing on my Elio that I have to constantly look at my speed! I instantly know my old car's engine is struggling at 75 mph w/out looking at the speed gauge, it's like suffering from asthma, noisy and shaking...so I slows down! :D I've never owned a 3 cyl car so I have no idea how noisy it can get at certain speed. Anybody?

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll leave the elgin dash alone....for now. It's one of the feature that makes our ELIO unique. It's not like I'm racing on my Elio that I have to constantly look at my speed! I instantly know my old car's engine is struggling at 75 mph w/out looking at the speed gauge, it's like suffering from asthma, noisy and shaking...so I slows down! :D I've never owned a 3 cyl car so I have no idea how noisy it can get at certain speed. Anybody?

Indeed. The aftermarket will take care of this if there is demand.It's unfortunate that some of you don't like it (not fond of it myself) but it's purely aesthetic. As such it deserves a place near the bottom of the list of gripes.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's seems to me that the LCD or touchscreen would be the first choice. Jobs could be created by allowing 'dashboard themes' to be sold in an app store.
Do you have a link or pic for your replacement?
As it stands, this is what I'm using:

0000898_wh20slf_300[1].jpg
0002587_wh79slf_300[1].jpg

Or in Black

0002253_at62_300[1].jpg

You can get a few different "faces" and pointers

Pointer%20Options%202%20Clean%20copy[1].jpg

The hardest thing you're working on is the size; these gauges are 3 3/8" in diameter and that's all you have room for. The entire opening for the gauge cluster is about 9" x 4"

Darrellh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Top Bottom