• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Apr 17, 2015 – Apr 19, 2015

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These sell for about $30. It would take me about 15 minutes to install each one (less after I've done the first couple. I'd probably do it for just the conversation and maybe a drink. Bring your Elio by with the locks and a story or two.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-1472
View attachment 5613
Just did the math, your 1,890.2 miles from me, I figure the 84mpg, I'll need 22.5 gal @3.00/= $67.50 to get out there the same coming back.-$135.00 R/T
Maybe at the Nationals, we can hook up, got the first round covered and the B.S. too!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently I am the only one who thinks the elio (and all vehicles) should have a way of locking the engine hood.

Doesn't change my opinion. I still think it is a fantastic vehicle.

I sent an email to them a few months ago suggesting they build the vehicle such that an aftermarket hood release can be easily installed by the owner.
Hopefully they considered this.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently I am the only one who thinks the elio (and all vehicles) should have a way of locking the engine hood. Doesn't change my opinion. I still think it is a fantastic vehicle. I sent an email to them a few months ago suggesting they build the vehicle such that an aftermarket hood release can be easily installed by the owner.
Hopefully they considered this.
Well, no, I agree. I had a battery stolen right in the public lot, at a swap meet. So I want a lock too.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, no, I agree. I had a battery stolen right in the public lot, at a swap meet. So I want a lock too.

My daughter had the catalytic converter stolen off her Jeep right in front of Sam's Club in broad daylight (where she worked at the time)...cordless sawzall. If some jackass wants what you have, there's not much you can do about it. A lock may make it harder though. How about a cattle fence transformer rigged to the hood...wouldn't be hard!:D

Reactions: DWR

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My daughter had the catalytic converter stolen off her Jeep right in front of Sam's Club in broad daylight (where she worked at the time)...cordless sawzall. If some jackass wants what you have, there's not much you can do about it. A lock may make it harder though. How about a cattle fence transformer rigged to the hood...wouldn't be hard!:D
Or some kind of hand-grenade mechanism? Tough on the paint job, but I bet it'd be a good deterrent. Last CC that guy ever stole. Tough to use a cordless sawzall with stumps for hands.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or some kind of hand-grenade mechanism? Tough on the paint job, but I bet it'd be a good deterrent. Last CC that guy ever stole. Tough to use a cordless sawzall with stumps for hands.

Hand grenade's are hard to come by...but we're on the same page!;):D

Exploding pepper spray container with dye, maybe?:rolleyes:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shouldn't be that tough.
A U Bolt mounted to the hood.
A spring loaded hook to engage it.
An old style manual choke cable to pull the hook, or maybe a lawn mower type throttle.
You could probably rig it in 30 minutes if you really want it.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shouldn't be that tough.
A U Bolt mounted to the hood.
A spring loaded hook to engage it.
An old style manual choke cable to pull the hook, or maybe a lawn mower type throttle.
You could probably rig it in 30 minutes if you really want it.

Got a point. One trip to your local junkyard could buy all the parts for like $10, and some basic hand tools...problem solved.

Top Bottom