• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone In Iowa Getting An Elio?

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see fellow Elio buddies in Palo, Vinton, Marengo, Des Moines, and Council Bluffs. I'm in rural Benton county & work in C.R., All In at $1/2k. Looks like we have the makings of a club already!

Welcome! I am all in for $100, since November 2013. I am chomping at the bit trying to decide if I will upgrade another $900. I have two kids in college, and tell them to only rely on sure things. I am trying to decide if Elio will be the sure-thing I want it to be.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! I am all in for $100, since November 2013. I am chomping at the bit trying to decide if I will upgrade another $900. I have two kids in college, and tell them to only rely on sure things. I am trying to decide if Elio will be the sure-thing I want it to be.
I'm with you as nothing is etched in stone..

Ray

Areyouhigh

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and went all in on Friday. Now the question is when I'll be able to drive this little beauty. I'm a little worried that my time will come in the dead of winter, but I'm thinking if it does come to that I may try for a factory pickup so I can get a handle on how it drives before subjecting it to the snow.

My current setup/options ideal:
-black (if they stay with the black wheel covers)
-manual (so I don't have people asking to drive it all the time... plus fun factor), but then again auto would be cool so people COULD drive it and see what it's like
-cruise (make commuting 40+ highway miles a day a little more comfortable)
-upgrade stereo (same reasoning as cruise)
-sunroof or glass top (make it feel a little bigger inside)

I'm sure this will all change, but I'm stoked to get behind the wheel of this cool little beast! :)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and went all in on Friday. Now the question is when I'll be able to drive this little beauty. I'm a little worried that my time will come in the dead of winter, but I'm thinking if it does come to that I may try for a factory pickup so I can get a handle on how it drives before subjecting it to the snow.

My current setup/options ideal:
-black (if they stay with the black wheel covers)
-manual (so I don't have people asking to drive it all the time... plus fun factor), but then again auto would be cool so people COULD drive it and see what it's like
-cruise (make commuting 40+ highway miles a day a little more comfortable)
-upgrade stereo (same reasoning as cruise)
-sunroof or glass top (make it feel a little bigger inside)

I'm sure this will all change, but I'm stoked to get behind the wheel of this cool little beast! :)

Congratulations with going all in! Great decision and welcome to elioowners.com
! Estimated production is third quarter 2015.You'll have a little time to research weather condition's for 2015. Enjoy your journey here at elioowners.com :). Should you like an additional great Elio tee shirts, there is a store up top, click on it (store) and you'll see a great quality elioowners.com tee shirt for only $10.00 (great quality fabric).
We are glad you are all in and now on-board! Enjoy your 2015 Elio 84 mpg!!
Terrence :)

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should probably start planning our first Iowa Elio Rally. I anticipate they will be huge attention getters, and tons of people will have questions. As early Elio owners/drivers we will be committed to promoting Elios to keep advertising costs low, very low. smart leadership has always said they do not advertise much because people PAY for advertising in the cost of a car.

Based on the number 1 question my wife and I are asked, I know we will be asked is, "What kind of gas mileage do you get?"

Though our smarts are cheaper to drive than almost all other cars, people often say,"Oh, that's all?" , when we say 43 mpg.

When Elio drivers say "84 mpg", everyone will ask,"Where can I get one?"

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should probably start planning our first Iowa Elio Rally. I anticipate they will be huge attention getters, and tons of people will have questions. As early Elio owners/drivers we will be committed to promoting Elios to keep advertising costs low, very low. smart leadership has always said they do not advertise much because people PAY for advertising in the cost of a car.

Based on the number 1 question my wife and I are asked, I know we will be asked is, "What kind of gas mileage do you get?"

Though our smarts are cheaper to drive than almost all other cars, people often say,"Oh, that's all?" , when we say 43 mpg.

When Elio drivers say "84 mpg", everyone will ask,"Where can I get one?"

Hello dgruis; Congratulations with your Elio!
Maybe you'll put nitrogen gas in your Elio tires instead of air/oxygen. Nitrogen stays constant, your air pressure is constant to maximize the tires psi to maintain proper rolling resistance. Isn't that great -no pressure changes , no under inflation, there is no oxygen so your tires will not expand or contract. I have been running nitrogen in my Honda Lx tires for two years and loving it.
You and your wife are just going to love your Elio and all the gas mileage conversations you'll be having as you had given examples.
Who gets to drive the Elio first? The Bride, the Groom? Most important , you both enjoy and can share driver time :)
Terrence:)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems like there is an opportunity for someone in Iowa to start their own Pep Boys franchise! Selfishly, then we could have our own service center.
I bit the bullet and went all in on Friday. Now the question is when I'll be able to drive this little beauty. I'm a little worried that my time will come in the dead of winter, but I'm thinking if it does come to that I may try for a factory pickup so I can get a handle on how it drives before subjecting it to the snow. I'm sure this will all change, but I'm stoked to get behind the wheel of this cool little beast! :)
timcfi and Areyouhigh, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your reservations. Using the forum search function will quickly direct you to just about any information about the Elio you could want. If you can't find the answer jus ask because we are a friendly helpful group. Let's enjoy this historic journey in transportation and the Elio experience together.

Top Bottom