• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone In Iowa Getting An Elio?

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect owning an Elio will be similar to owning a smart (my wife and I each have smart convertibles.

June 6-8 we will have our Midwest smart Rally at the Amana Colonies. http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f234/

I did not realize that buying a smart was like joining a cult. We love to drive together, watch people's eyes pop out, and talk smart stuff. (note: smart is not capitalized)

Fellow Elio Iowans should swing by the Amana Colonies, and together we can brainwash them about the Elio.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark from Des Moines here. Can't wait to meet up with my fellow Iowan Elio owners!

I started a Facebook page for Iowa owners a couple months ago for anyone that uses that social media outlet. It's really just a placeholder since it's so early and there isn't much info to discuss right now. But when things really take off, I think it will be a great up-to-the-minute place to chat and coordinate Elio related get togethers and events, an excellent addition to this forum :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IowaEOC/

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, Mark. This is a great place to get Elio information, speculation, and guestimations. The search bar is a great place to start but if you have questions, ask away. We are, in general, a friendly bunch. Enjoy the trip!

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark,

Welcome and great Facebook idea. This is a great site for the most recent news/rumors. As is often true, this site seems to have a small number of Elio doubters.

I hope Elio can be the leadership model we are all hoping. "Follower-ship" is not a desirable trait, but a few doubters on this site are quick to point out problems when compared to other car manufacturers. "Leadership" is desirable trait, but people choosing to go a different direction need our support.

I forget where, but somewhere on this site you will see directions on how to place yourself on the Elio U.S. map.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/embed?mid=zZCKjl9KZQaU.kNW_qd3e11wQ&pli=1

Dino3721

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm near Vinton Iowa all in at 1K. I am ready to save some gas!!!
I am all in for $1000K. I am just outside Council Bluffs/Omaha. I hope there is a service center in Omaha. I am keeping an eye out for another showing in Chicago. So far, I love everything about the car. I am going to get an automatic with added cruise control.

Dino3721

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Elio needs to get it on a TV show. Big Bang would be a good start. Once people see it- they will be sold. I sent a pic to my friends, with the stats and asked them how much they thought it would cost. $40K is what I heard back.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am all in for $1000K. I am just outside Council Bluffs/Omaha. I hope there is a service center in Omaha. I am keeping an eye out for another showing in Chicago. So far, I love everything about the car. I am going to get an automatic with added cruise control.
Dino, Welcome to the forum with its helpful friendly members. Here you will find the latest information, rumors, and opinions about the development and production of the Elio. We are a diverse and eclectic group with a multitude of expertise. Using the forum search function will be helpful in expanding your knowledge of this historic vehicle. We look forward to your comments and contributions to the forum. Hope you find the Elio experience informative and enjoyable.

Top Bottom