• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

An Observation

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you want a Rat Rod Elio? That would be different.
Yeah... put a 50hp hub motor on that hidden back wheel... And really, you'd just need a few minutes of power available per day so batteries shouldn't weigh too much. Let's say 200 pounds of battery (ouch) and 50 pounds for the hub motor... switchable so you can decide when you need to pour on a little more power. man, that'd be a kick to be able to do that. An Elio with 150hp (assuming you'd have the turbo boosting that front engine up to 100 hp.

Elio Turbo + 50hp Hub motor = 1500lbs/150hp = 10.0 (lower is better)

Mustang GT = 3,705lbs/435hp = 8.52

For the Elio to be equal to the 2015 Mustang GT, it would need a total of 176hp...

Still, an Elio with 150hp would be a hoot!

With 250 pounds added to the rear and a tire with decent width to handle the additional power, a more conventional electric drive system for the rear tire that could put out 100hp could put the Elio up to 100hp which would make it quicker than a Mustang GT.

Hmm... I think I know what Ty will be doing with his Elio eventually...

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know how I should ask the paint colors question... sort of like "What are the HKM values for the red paint?" or "What system of paint color are you guys going to use and what are the identifiers for the colors you'll have?" I know I have the letters wrong.
Anything you can find out about the red paint values will be appreciated.

Top Bottom