• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aftermarket Mods

jrm_cr_fl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it too early to try to guess what extras will be made or offered.

Actually, I suggested we start a thread of options people would like offered for the Elio. I have many ideas and suggestions, like having the rear side windows pop open like on the old VW beetle or the Dodge Caravan's manual rear windows. I can't image it would add that much to the cost; a couple of hinges and latches. The rear passenger would really appreciate it. Maybe Elio checks sites like this for ideas. Could happen.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I suggested we start a thread of options people would like offered for the Elio. I have many ideas and suggestions, like having the rear side windows pop open like on the old VW beetle or the Dodge Caravan's manual rear windows. I can't image it would add that much to the cost; a couple of hinges and latches. The rear passenger would really appreciate it. Maybe Elio checks sites like this for ideas. Could happen.
JRM If you have suggestions the best place to do that would be on the Elio FaceBook page. They usually send you a note and pass it on to the engineers and the powers that be. I think your Idea with the windows being manually operated and be able to vent air will cut down on the rumbling noise that is present in most cars when you only put down the front windows.....Hope they do it ! Double D in Ohio

jrm_cr_fl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
JRM If you have suggestions the best place to do that would be on the Elio FaceBook page. They usually send you a note and pass it on to the engineers and the powers that be. I think your Idea with the windows being manually operated and be able to vent air will cut down on the rumbling noise that is present in most cars when you only put down the front windows.....Hope they do it ! Double D in Ohio

Actually, I did make my first suggestion on FB (mount the wiper on the other side) and they did respond that they would pass on the suggestion. I really don't like using FB and would rather support an Elio specific site such as this one. I would like to see a heading unique for options others would like to see. FB is so vast to navigate when looking for specific items such as Suggestions. I do go there for the latest news on Eilo.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a few things. They had quit mentioning the traction control, it will be on the car. Pop open rear windows will be an option......follows is the response I got on FaceBook.
Hey Dave, the Elio will have traction control. There will also be an option for the back windows to pop out like a van. If you'd like to change out the wheel covers, there will be an after-market company that will do it. You'll lose some on gas mileage if you go with the old fender look, but it's totally up to you. Thanks!

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new wheel covers. It will protect the Elio more from road grime, rocks and dirt from flying into the side as your going around corners. Probably will have a bit better gas mileage also. I'm thinking I may paint flames on the covers, maybe. I may hang dice from the rear view camera also. Just maybe.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think a chromed plastic grill trim (surround the opening) would be a nice aftermarket part. Sure it would add 0.5 lb of weight, but it would match the chrome look of the headlights. Maybe have some driving lights mounted into it too.

Top Bottom