• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Adjustable Rear Suspension-a Must On Elio

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, if they could reach anywhere near thier safety standards, that would be a good move. A free tilter can't do that in all weather driving but a power tilter can. The viseral driving experiance is totally different between those two. So if they can accept the parameters, either type would bring people in to look just on wow factor alone.

I don't think an EV Elio would have that same affect. The EV plan doesn't seem to cross over, such that and ICE will not sell an EV and an EV will not sell an ICE with most customers.
Wait a minute........................an Elio EV Tilter! Only in my dreams.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To tell the truth, I actually tested a EV-Tilter. This one actually ( but it has no cabin, one seat e-motorcycle ) ..

http://www.swaymotorsports.com/

I happened accross it one fine day at Local Motors in Chandler AZ. It was fun but there were a couple things I didn't like about the premis after ridding it. Which is educational since I'd suggested one of the attributes as an option in other 3wheel forums.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, one thing about BRP, there is no reason they can't come out with thier own Scorpion or SlingShot. The market channel is right down thier alley. They probably just want to be sure there is a profitible ongoing market open to them. Although the CanAm was a big risk.
Of course since these things compete with the Can-Am, they may not want to further erode that niche by competing with it. ( IMHO, that's short sighted thinking, but typical for firmly established business )

Now a Elio style BRD product would be a new and different product line to BRD, but they will only want a sport level profit, and it would compete with the Elio in thier eyes. I think differently about it. I think the Elio opens the market for a sports level Elio-Clone, not competes with it.

I would want to convince EM about that. Just like the NRX does not compete with that maker's other two seat sportscars, a Turbo-Elio-Spider would bring more customers into the showroom. People come to see one, and maybe get the other. It's always good to have two diverse models, they sell each other, IMHO.

The rush of open air. The confidence of auto technology. Can-Am Spyder: 3-Wheel Motorcycles for Touring, Sport

With the Can-Am there was very little risk. They were running around Quebec gauging interest, for 2 years before production. When you have a local market of 140lb midgets who can neither touch the ground or hold up a touring bike, the success was assured. With many components common with their other products, the risk was minimal. Companies who deal in motorized jewelry probably have little interest in a low markup commuter

Top Bottom