• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:eek:OH NO THE SKY IS FALLING!! :eek:

Its not an easy trek to get into production. The reasoning given for the delay makes sense to me. I prefer to be told that they will be starting production in 3rd quarter than for them to pull a last minute time extension. I don't mind waiting the Elio is to supplement my current car not to replace it.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Entrepreneurs willing to take risks to turn their dreams into reality are what drive innovation and provide many jobs for hard working Americans. As someone who was wiling to risk a very large amount of my own money to start a business I understand perfectly well what it is like to put my money where my mouth is and take necessary risks in an attempt to turn my dreams into reality. I am sure most of us who want to see Elio Motors succeed have always been perfectly aware that this type of business venture has a higher probability of failing than succeeding however this information does not discourage me, and many others, from supporting and believing in Paul Elio's dream for a better way of doing things. It is unfortunate that the schedule has slipped however everything else I have seen coming out about Elio Motors lately, officially and via unofficial channels, has been very positive. Right now, based on all the data I have, I am actually the most confident I have ever been that Paul Elio's dream will soon become a reality.
All the lies told by Elio to get deposits does not bother you?

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm in it for the 'long haul'...... they already have my $1,000 (#925)..... but my 'initial plan', of starting at $100 All-In and increasing my level with each Prototype, and final upgrade (when they started to hire plant workers), NOW sounds more 'reasonable'. Their 'reasons' for the DELAYS, just don't pass the 'smell test', and they have not demonstrated the ability to produce the number of "E" prototypes ("18 to 26 vehicles") over the past two years. In fact, they have already PROMISED (and NOT delivered).......
--- "Elio Motors:-- Ray. We will have 18 Prototypes in 3 -4 months.
Like · 2 · August 10, 2013 at 1:11pm"...... FIVE months later...... ONE P4 #1.--- and still NO P5 with the IAV engine/drivetrain!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
All the lies told by Elio to get deposits does not bother you?

I have not seen lies from Elio Motors. What I have seen is a new company being much more open than most other companies would be about going through the process of designing a new vehicle as well as the new infrastructure to support bringing said vehicle to market. As an engineer and a business owner I completely understood from day one that changes and delays were highly likely as Elio Motors transitions this vehicle idea from a concept to a fully functioning production vehicle we can walk into a store and purchase.

If anything I would say Elio Motors is being too open with the process. This willingness to answer questions and give timeframes as they exist at that moment is what I like about them as it makes it very easy for us to follow along in this process. However it also leaves them exposed to all kinds of rumors and accusations of deceit as things inevitably change. Doing what they are trying to do is not an easy task and it is a fact that nearly everyone who has tried has failed at it so if they need extra time to work out the details to ensure this has as good of a chance at succeeding as possible I am wiling to wait for them to get everything lined up as it should be.

Following this project closely may be not for everyone as it is apparently causing extra stress in some lives. It is a fact that we are following a project that is actively in development and as such every detail is subject to change at anytime as they refine the concept and bring it into line with the realities of the real world.

Last edited:

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, I'm in it for the 'long haul'...... they already have my $1,000 (#925)..... but my 'initial plan', of starting at $100 All-In and increasing my level with each Prototype, and final upgrade (when they started to hire plant workers), NOW sounds more 'reasonable'. Their 'reasons' for the DELAYS, just don't pass the 'smell test', and they have not demonstrated the ability to produce the number of "E" prototypes ("18 to 26 vehicles") over the past two years. In fact, they have already PROMISED (and NOT delivered).......
--- "Elio Motors:-- Ray. We will have 18 Prototypes in 3 -4 months.
Like · 2 · August 10, 2013 at 1:11pm"...... FIVE months later...... ONE P4 #1.--- and still NO P5 with the IAV engine/drivetrain!

I take any statement about the future as subject to change. I'm not a religious person, but there's a line in Matthew that I kind of agree with:

But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black.

I try not to make promises about the future and try to take any one else's statements about it as merely estimations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I take any statement about the future as subject to change. I'm not a religious person, but there's a line in Matthew that I kind of agree with:

I try not to make promises about the future and try to take any one else's statements about it as merely estimations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
At best Elio will put a proto together that can be sold to a car company who will want to go forward with it but not at 6800 dollars.

Top Bottom