• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, Debbie Bruce. Exactly.

I have already made my peace with the loss of $1K. It was worth it as an investment in both that it could have become a 150% return and also I wanted to show the auto market that there are people who want something different. Something small, inexpensive, fun, and exotic. So far, it appears that only 4 or 5 thousand people feel this strongly. Far short of 60K.

Elio is still the one best hope for the US market and I will continue to do what little I can to push it along. If Carver/Persu were still viable, they would have more of my energies.
Yes it was worth the money to see if it could happen. We looked at the idea not fool. As mentioned before maybe someone else will step in and take over. The vehicle would be worth twice the price or more to me.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not seen lies from Elio Motors. What I have seen is a new company being much more open than most other companies would be about going through the process of designing a new vehicle as well as the new infrastructure to support bringing said vehicle to market. As an engineer and a business owner I completely understood from day one that changes and delays were highly likely as Elio Motors transitions this vehicle idea from a concept to a fully functioning production vehicle we can walk into a store and purchase.

If anything I would say Elio Motors is being too open with the process. This willingness to answer questions and give timeframes as they exist at that moment is what I like about them as it makes it very easy for us to follow along in this process. However it also leaves them exposed to all kinds of rumors and accusations of deceit as things inevitably change. Doing what they are trying to do is not an easy task and it is a fact that nearly everyone who has tried has failed at it so if they need extra time to work out the details to ensure this has as good of a chance at succeeding as possible I am wiling to wait for them to get everything lined up as it should be.

Following this project closely may be not for everyone as it is apparently causing extra stress in some lives. It is a fact that we are following a project that is actively in development and as such every detail is subject to change at anytime as they refine the concept and bring it into line with the realities of the real world.
Well said man.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, Debbie Bruce. Exactly.

I have already made my peace with the loss of $1K. It was worth it as an investment in both that it could have become a 150% return and also I wanted to show the auto market that there are people who want something different. Something small, inexpensive, fun, and exotic. So far, it appears that only 4 or 5 thousand people feel this strongly. Far short of 60K.

Elio is still the one best hope for the US market and I will continue to do what little I can to push it along. If Carver/Persu were still viable, they would have more of my energies.
Have patience is all I can say. I'm also all in for 1K but I've known about this ELIO just last Feb. and made my all in on March. There are more people here that's been waiting way longer than me so I'm not about to complain about this new delay. ;)

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just have to get in and straighten you thoughts a bit because your brain is rusting away with hatred! "all the lies"??? Let me pick on your brain and see if you're smart enough to analyze this....one BIG name they announced as partners in this project is PEP BOYS, a huge company. Now do you think Paul Elio will make this up just to get more interest and deposits?? Do you know that Pep Boys can sue EM for using their name or any other names Paul Elio mentioned in this project if it isn't true??? You never read any news about any detraction from Pep Boys have you??? Wise up mama because you ain't convincing anybody here! Sure it's upsetting to hear another delay but what I believe is Paul Elio is not going anywhere...he is too visible right now to just bail out with our money! Give him a chance to prove himself...heck give him the whole of next year (2015) then cry foul all you want if it gets push back to 2016. Here's another one for you, why will they even bother working to change the laws on motorcycle helmets for the ELIO??? They don't have to do that if all they want is to rake the money and run later, right? Anybody that still think this is an elaborate hoax is an idiot! By the way, we're still waiting for your rich uncle M to show us some pics of that dump with the red Elio in the background, ok?:D[/QUOTE Sorry he did not take pictures nor did he when he went to see it in OKC. Someone had a google map showing the area, in the lower right portion you can see wht seems to be Elio bodies also it really shows a junky complex just as the pictures on this site of the one being built in a sleeze and unorginazed filthy garage.Elio on their main web site shows pictures of a red , blue and a video of a white one in the snow, but we all know the colors were photo shopped or surely they would have them out in motel parking lots around the country. So far an orange p4 and silver p3 have been the only displays. oh, btw, Call pep boys and ask if they will service your car, they will say sure.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just have to get in and straighten you thoughts a bit because your brain is rusting away with hatred! "all the lies"??? Let me pick on your brain and see if you're smart enough to analyze this....one BIG name they announced as partners in this project is PEP BOYS, a huge company. Now do you think Paul Elio will make this up just to get more interest and deposits?? Do you know that Pep Boys can sue EM for using their name or any other names Paul Elio mentioned in this project if it isn't true??? You never read any news about any detraction from Pep Boys have you??? Wise up mama because you ain't convincing anybody here! Sure it's upsetting to hear another delay but what I believe is Paul Elio is not going anywhere...he is too visible right now to just bail out with our money! Give him a chance to prove himself...heck give him the whole of next year (2015) then cry foul all you want if it gets push back to 2016. Here's another one for you, why will they even bother working to change the laws on motorcycle helmets for the ELIO??? They don't have to do that if all they want is to rake the money and run later, right? Anybody that still think this is an elaborate hoax is an idiot! By the way, we're still waiting for your rich uncle M to show us some pics of that dump with the red Elio in the background, ok?:D
Did not say it was a hoax, I said he was banking on 200,000 reservations whit the majority being 1000 dollar deposits. It has not happened so now he is stuck. His plant manager resigned and soon you will see his board of director list begin to grow smaller.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was the almost embarrassing Elio prototype that appeared on the streets of New York City last summer - less than a year before production of the real deal was expected to start. The car was akin to a "back yard project" sporting an engine borrowed from a Geo Metro and missing promised items such as power windows and air conditioning. The New York Times’ Jim Motavalii and Benjamin Preston gave it a tough review.
Shortly after, blogger Jo Borras released a damning analysis of Elio Motors' financial forecast, in which he criticized their plan of jumping from zero sales in 2013 to 63,000+ vehicles sold in 2014. He wrote:
“68,333 units is 2210 more units than Mini sold in 2012, despite a strong, experienced dealer group, a compelling ad presence, and the Mini being a generally good looking, practical car...”
It's funny because
JIM: I'm sure it will look nice with the flowers planted in it at your old folks home.
I am #775 and at 75 yrs old I am wondering just HOW will my CASKET fit in/on the elio.
Suppose they can bury my Elio with me ?
OH WAIT, I am to be cremated, SO we can JUST burn the sucker !
That's funny! Only horses get old so hang in there!:D

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did not say it was a hoax, I said he was banking on 200,000 reservations whit the majority being 1000 dollar deposits. It has not happened so now he is stuck. His plant manager resigned and soon you will see his board of director list begin to grow smaller.
Let me tell you mama, now that you're admitting it's not "all lies" as you too confidently put it, where did you hear Paul Elio said "he was banking on 200,000 reservations"???? You're very good at assuming but nothing to back up your words! Can you confirm that EM does not have investor/s? ;)

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me tell you mama, now that you're admitting it's not "all lies" as you too confidently put it, where did you hear Paul Elio said "he was banking on 200,000 reservations"???? You're very good at assuming but nothing to back up your words! Can you confirm that EM does not have investor/s? ;)
Never said Elio does not have investors, you can call their number and invest yourself, just hit the tree button for what you need. Search and you will find on u tube or news videos and you will find Paul Elio say that in an interview.He said that several times. Oh , I'm not your mama. I know who my parents are. Do you?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes it was worth the money to see if it could happen. We looked at the idea not fool. As mentioned before maybe someone else will step in and take over. The vehicle would be worth twice the price or more to me.
You love to own one but don't have the patience to wait.....worse yet, you don't believe it'll happen but you're still here! What do you hope to gain here??? You won't find the answers you're looking for here because only EM can provide that! The rest are just opinions, guesses and some really good estimations from our professionals here who are more realistic! And then there's you!:D

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never said Elio does not have investors, you can call their number and invest yourself, just hit the tree button for what you need. Search and you will find on u tube or news videos and you will find Paul Elio say that in an interview.He said that several times. Oh , I'm not your mama. I know who my parents are. Do you?
1K non refundable last March. :D

Top Bottom