• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 Barrett-jackson Auction

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I got one more question in today at the auction. I took my son there so he could get a chance to sit in the P4. He likes it.

I asked Jerome if the 'red' D.E.S image was representative of the Year1 design. The image has three things Paul told me about at another viewing they had in Tempe a while back. A more aerodynamic nose with smaller grill, wider and rounder in the panels at the suspension, and the two inches extra head height.

He did confirm, yes, this image was produced to show that.

This may have been covered before by others, but I wanted a more direct answer.

Another thing I did was hand a proposal to Jerome addressing the idea of an allowance for new reservationists to buy out 'All In' reservations for those who get antsy or encounter financial circumstances that have changed.

They can't do anything with that at the moment but he's going to examine the idea.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I got one more question in today at the auction. I took my son there so he could get a chance to sit in the P4. He likes it.

I asked Jerome if the 'red' D.E.S image was representative of the Year1 design. The image has three things Paul told me about at another viewing they had in Tempe a while back. A more aerodynamic nose with smaller grill, wider and rounder in the panels at the suspension, and the two inches extra head height.

He did confirm, yes, this image was produced to show that.

This may have been covered before by others, but I wanted a more direct answer.

Another thing I did was hand a proposal to Jerome addressing the idea of an allowance for new reservationists to buy out 'All In' reservations for those who get antsy or encounter financial circumstances that have changed.

They can't do anything with that at the moment but he's going to examine the idea.

It is very interesting to hear that image is the general form of the updated vehicle design. :cool:

I was planning to ask on Facebook if anyone wanted to sell me their $1K reservation for $500. I don't care about the number at all so if I can get a $1500 credit against an Elio for $500 I am willing to take on another reservation if someone is pissed off enough to sell it to me and walk away at that price. :D

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have one here who might be interested, I'll let him contact you via 'conversation', he's definitely listening. It's a NICE low position number.

I think I can't touch it myself right now.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have one here who might be interested, I'll let him contact you via 'conversation', he's definitely listening. It's a NICE low position number.

I think I can't touch it myself right now.
Probably between 490 and 492?

If this idea should pan out, I might be forced to rethink not signing up without driving one. A deal like that may be too good to ignore.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My problem with the whole idea is, how do you guarantee execution of the transfer of title with out EM involvement required?

Possibly a title insurance program, trustee bank process, or a brokerage exchange? How can the funds reliably be released before the car is built? It's a mind bongler for me.

But if it could be done, it would be an enabler for people otherwise afraid to get a reservation. I'm going to do some more research in it, but I also reached out to EM to see if they could research some exchange process.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is very interesting to hear that image is the general form of the updated vehicle design. :cool:

I was planning to ask on Facebook if anyone wanted to sell me their $1K reservation for $500. I don't care about the number at all so if I can get a $1500 credit against an Elio for $500 I am willing to take on another reservation if someone is pissed off enough to sell it to me and walk away at that price. :D

are you talking about working just with the reservation holder or including EM in the transfer .... it was my understanding that if someone bought a reservation for someone EM wouldn't honor the bonus

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
are you talking about working just with the reservation holder or including EM in the transfer .... it was my understanding that if someone bought a reservation for someone EM wouldn't honor the bonus
I heard it wasn't transferable also. It the person would gave up their email address it may be different.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I heard it wasn't transferable also. It the person would gave up their email address it may be different.

understood .... without the bonus going with a reservation, buying a "used" reservation would be a much harder sell .... the only thing a person would really be gaining would be a lower reservation number

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
EM will allow a current reservation holder to 'transfer' their reservation to a new reservation holder however the person receiving the reservation is treated as if they had placed a new reservation.

This is intended to allow a current reservation holder to exit the system and recoup their investment while at the same time preventing speculative reservations.

As there is a 50% bonus right now if you were to purchase a transfer you would be entitled to the bonus at the level of the reservation not because it transfers but instead because all new all-in reservations receive the 50% bonus. However you would also receive a new number at the back of line since that does not transfer.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM will allow a current reservation holder to 'transfer' their reservation to a new reservation holder however the person receiving the reservation is treated as if they had placed a new reservation.

This is intended to allow a current reservation holder to exit the system and recoup their investment while at the same time preventing speculative reservations.

As there is a 50% bonus right now if you were to purchase a transfer you would be entitled to the bonus at the level of the reservation not because it transfers but instead because all new all-in reservations receive the 50% bonus. However you would also receive a new number at the back of line since that does not transfer.

thanks .... clarification appreciated

Top Bottom