• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 Barrett-jackson Auction

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heads up, On Saturday he said there would be a VERY interesting news flash we would all like. Could be engine related or ??? So maybe in just a couple days now.

Dang, I misread this. I thought it said there would be an announcement Saturday. Guess it was the motor announcement. I was hoping for good news/bad news/more good news.

Looking forward to watching Saturday's auction with friends and playing our version of the price is right. Furthest off guess buys the next round. Working evenings means I've just caught bits of the auction, but it does seem like prices are up this year.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And then we got hit with the production delay announcement. That one we didn't like.
But we've (as a group) been concerned with it a long time. Which is why I asked about it on Saturday.

it would really be great if we have anyone going to the tour while its still at Barrett-Jackson .... I'd love to know how they would respond to the same questions today

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the answer I got has implications for that. And I suspect he won't change the answer now.
He said 'Yes, the loan program can affect the production schedule date.' Which was never admitted before that I know of.

The thing also admitted in the delay release is that there is a penalty if they don't start production by a certain date. Apparently that was Dec2015 (or before), but now it's maybe as late as June 2016.
It's now a ominous date, Jun 2016, where things can get more expensive if that date is missed too.

Anyway, we'r now at Spring of 2016. I'm going to focus on the fun parts of this, but that penalty date and the funding issues will always sit in the back of my head and affect my confidence.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So this is interesting to me, in the letter we just had from EM/Paul...

"Additionally, there are a few other strategies we are working on behind the scenes that we’ll be able to announce in the near future."
I will be watching very carefully for that. This week, I conjectured these other paths existed. Now I'd like to know what that is.

Top Bottom