• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Your Elio Replaces?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Researched and did not find so what vehicle will your new Elio replace or if it is addition what else do you drive? I will be replacing my first lease and foreign car a 2012 Nissan Maxima with Sports Package. This car has all the options except a TV.

Also a concern not seemingly addressed elsewhere is ground clearance. Elio is 5.75 inches and I want the front and rear spoilers that will decrease the clearance significantly. I will have to be careful on inclines at stores, driveways, etc but worried about delivery of car to me. Although the Elio rep I talked with said a store in Houston is assured..not so sure am I it will be by my delivery date. I recently helped a buddy bring an old TBird in from Fort Worth & we had to de-ramp in a field area to allow clearance. Thoughts? The responses to my ?s from Elio are very general and basically "Don't worry, be happy". I'm not in panic mode but trying to reduce concerns.

OK, BadBoy, you asked. My plan is taking shape.
Here is what I plan for my Elio to replace when the time comes or before.
The Toys I don't use or don't need, that I have gathered over the years!!
Even at Fire Sale prices, I might be able to pay off my Elio.
1) Hanglider
2) Scuba gear
3) 6x12 box trailer, where my girls sleep, as I live in an apartment.
4) GoldWing
5) Harley Dyna
6) '03 Sorento, has been a good one
7) JOB, will retire next year and hit the Road. Have started an Elio travel 'Bucket List'
8) Lady friend, find a new one that likes to travel/camp, all over this country, maybe Alaska
9) Abode, thinking 'bout moving to Tn.
Things to keep:
1) small pop-up
2) 4 wheeler/small flat bed trailer, for hunting
2) things that pop when I crook my finger, for deer/bear/coyote hunting
3) Sit on top kayak, outfitted for stand-up fishing.
4) Gold panning/dredgeing equiptment.
5) Stain Glass making tool/suppiles.

With the Elio, I have a plan!!

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Researched and did not find so what vehicle will your new Elio replace or if it is addition what else do you drive? I will be replacing my first lease and foreign car a 2012 Nissan Maxima with Sports Package. This car has all the options except a TV.

Also a concern not seemingly addressed elsewhere is ground clearance. Elio is 5.75 inches and I want the front and rear spoilers that will decrease the clearance significantly. I will have to be careful on inclines at stores, driveways, etc but worried about delivery of car to me. Although the Elio rep I talked with said a store in Houston is assured..not so sure am I it will be by my delivery date. I recently helped a buddy bring an old TBird in from Fort Worth & we had to de-ramp in a field area to allow clearance. Thoughts? The responses to my ?s from Elio are very general and basically "Don't worry, be happy". I'm not in panic mode but trying to reduce concerns.

I too want the chin spoiler and the rocker extension, I asked Jerome on Friday about the effect of these on ground clearance. He said the effect should not be more than 1 inch. Hope this helps.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be parking/keeping my 1987 Toyota truck, and using my new Elio for my everyday go-to-work vehicle and weekend fun runner. I'll also be keeping my 1987 Honda Shadow but will probably be taking the Elio auto-cycle on most group rides.
Jeff, welcome to the forum and like you my Elio will be my "and" vehicle to add a little more fun and excitement to my life.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My answer (slightly off topic)
_DSC8668 snowy hillside seasons greeting.jpg

Top Bottom