• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Your Elio Replaces?

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Researched and did not find so what vehicle will your new Elio replace or if it is addition what else do you drive? I will be replacing my first lease and foreign car a 2012 Nissan Maxima with Sports Package. This car has all the options except a TV.

Also a concern not seemingly addressed elsewhere is ground clearance. Elio is 5.75 inches and I want the front and rear spoilers that will decrease the clearance significantly. I will have to be careful on inclines at stores, driveways, etc but worried about delivery of car to me. Although the Elio rep I talked with said a store in Houston is assured..not so sure am I it will be by my delivery date. I recently helped a buddy bring an old TBird in from Fort Worth & we had to de-ramp in a field area to allow clearance. Thoughts? The responses to my ?s from Elio are very general and basically "Don't worry, be happy". I'm not in panic mode but trying to reduce concerns.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Researched and did not find so what vehicle will your new Elio replace or if it is addition what else do you drive? I will be replacing my first lease and foreign car a 2012 Nissan Maxima with Sports Package. This car has all the options except a TV.

Also a concern not seemingly addressed elsewhere is ground clearance. Elio is 5.75 inches and I want the front and rear spoilers that will decrease the clearance significantly. I will have to be careful on inclines at stores, driveways, etc but worried about delivery of car to me. Although the Elio rep I talked with said a store in Houston is assured..not so sure am I it will be by my delivery date. I recently helped a buddy bring an old TBird in from Fort Worth & we had to de-ramp in a field area to allow clearance. Thoughts? The responses to my ?s from Elio are very general and basically "Don't worry, be happy". I'm not in panic mode but trying to reduce concerns.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/do-i-need-a-second-car.4129/

You must all so consider the fact the Elio ends at the back tire with no two or three foot over hang to drag on the ground.
http://www.elioowners.com/search/733490/?page=2&q=ground+clearance&o=date&c[node]=8

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Shipping the Elio is not set in stone but the spoilers will likely be damaged if they ship it on a standard car carrier. A solution would be to have them put them on once the vehicle has been delivered to you. Eventually, the Elio distribution centers will be doing all these so just the base model Elios will be shipped from the factory. Or you could just pick it up from the factory and skip the shipper altogether.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

you have company in finding that it can be challenging to figure out how to make this forum's search feature work for you .... in looking through the thread in the link given above you will find some interesting reading as to the plans folks have for replacing vehicles or keeping what they have and adding an Elio

Jim

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shipping the Elio is not set in stone but the spoilers will likely be damaged if they ship it on a standard car carrier. A solution would be to have them put them on once the vehicle has been delivered to you. Eventually, the Elio distribution centers will be doing all these so just the base model Elios will be shipped from the factory. Or you could just pick it up from the factory and skip the shipper altogether.
yeah the Elio rep at "support" said no problem when asked about clearance and tire valve; said Houston definitely a center but not when. I have driven a low slung roadster (Pontiac Solstice) and unlike many here do not long to drive Elio 4 1/2 hours (to my house).

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio will replace my '07 PT Cruiser with 240,000 miles on it, bit I'll be keeping the PT forever as it has a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, I'll just be driving the Elio instead, as I know of no other vehicle capable of the mileage an Elio can achieve.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ah so ground effect will not effect unloading it seems. Thanks, I guess a mod can lock this thread, I did use search for second cars but got nothing.
Like all computer things, if you don't ask the correct question the correct way, you don't get the answer. I run into this problem and I have been on this forum since early March and know the subject is covered but can't figure out how to find it. Very frustrating. :-) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Like all computer things, if you don't ask the correct question the correct way, you don't get the answer. I run into this problem and I have been on this forum since early March and know the subject is covered but can't figure out how to find it. Very frustrating. :) Z

yep, it sure can be

Jim

Top Bottom