• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

With Gas Prices Falling, Will That Impact Sales Of High Eff Cars?

imabass

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I just paid $1.99 a gallon. Imagine putting in less than $16 in fuel to travel well over 600 miles. Damn i'm excited.

The thought of paying $1.99/gallon horrifies me. I made the switch to LPG a couple of years ago. My GGE price has varied from a high of $1.55/ gallon to a low of $0.90/ gallon. Currently the spot price for LPG is about $0.55 which equates to $0.69/ GGE. Even though gas prices have fallen (locally $1.75/gallon) it is still not cheap enough for me justify driving my car on gasoline vs propane. With prices falling at the pump, I am still converting my other vehicles to LPG. If I buy a Elio, I will convert it to LPG as well.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The thought of paying $1.99/gallon horrifies me. I made the switch to LPG a couple of years ago. My GGE price has varied from a high of $1.55/ gallon to a low of $0.90/ gallon. Currently the spot price for LPG is about $0.55 which equates to $0.69/ GGE. Even though gas prices have fallen (locally $1.75/gallon) it is still not cheap enough for me justify driving my car on gasoline vs propane. With prices falling at the pump, I am still converting my other vehicles to LPG. If I buy a Elio, I will convert it to LPG as well.

I don't blame you...gas prices won't stay low like this forever...

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: this country will never pay off its debt..

Never say never; I'm an independent (not an economist/just played one on TV), just sayin............... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_public_debt

Public debt rose during the 1980s, as President Reagan cut taxes and increased military spending. It fell during the 1990s, due to decreased military spending, increased taxes and the 1990s boom. Public debt rose sharply in the wake of the 2007–08 financial crisis and resulting significant tax revenue declines and spending increases.

Gross federal debt:'
Congressional session Years; President; President's party; Debt-to-GDP ratio at start of period; Debt-to-GDP ratio at end of period; Change in debt (in billions of dollars); Change in debt-to-GDP ratio (in percentage points).....

103104 1993–1997 Clinton Democratic 66.1% 65.4% +1,018 -0.7
105106 1997–2001 Clinton Democratic 65.4% 56.4% +401 -9.0

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Never say never; I'm an independent (not an economist/just played one on TV), just sayin............... :)

Public debt rose during the 1980s, as President Reagan cut taxes and increased military spending. It fell during the 1990s, due to decreased military spending, increased taxes and the 1990s boom. Public debt rose sharply in the wake of the 2007–08 financial crisis and resulting significant tax revenue declines and spending increases.

Congressional session Years; President; President's party; Debt-to-GDP ratio at start of period; Debt-to-GDP ratio at end of period; Change in debt (in billions of dollars); Change in debt-to-GDP ratio (in percentage points).....

I do have to point out that even during those years the national debt still actually increased by a total of over $1.4 trillion dollars which is the opposite of actually paying down the debt. :)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do have to point out that even during those years the national debt still actually increased by a total of over $1.4 trillion dollars which is the opposite of actually paying down the debt. :)

Point well made, But it's a lot easier to pay down the National Debt if your running a surplus............:)

http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious:
1) What was the cost of changing engines to LPG?
2) Do you have problems finding LPG stations when on long trips?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just to add to your point, our Debt-to-GDP ratio was actually higher during and shortly after WWII than it is now...

Top Bottom