• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why The Prototypes Have To Wait On The Engine

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the other hand, Costco in Ohio will purchase a car for you and have it delivered, so there must be some legal work-around somewhere.
They're a wholesale club right? Interesting dynamic, so why couldn't Elio just do an end run with Pep Boys in those states that don't allow direct sales? Pep Boys already sells Chinese motorcycles, why not add an American vehicle to it's line up since they're already EM's service centers?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio will partner with an established national car rental chain for Elio Store Space staffed by EM employee sales reps. In the markets that have created the new anti-direct sales laws the car rental company could act as the legal dealer.

Elio/Enterprise..............or other.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I ran into a deer 30 miles west of Limon, CO on a Saturday night at 10:00 PM I found out a lot of things I didn't know, one of which was that Enterprise will NOT pick you up unless you are within 15 miles of their store.
IMG_0441.JPG

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My biggest concern is that someone else will invent something comparable and get them up for sale, before this one hits the road.
I think the 'others' are waiting to see where this thing goes before they jump in. It's too big a gamble for a 'big three' company to go into blind and they are perfectly happy stamping out the traditional vehicles which are selling well at a nice profit margin. I doubt they'll wake up tomorrow and decide to rock their own boat. And a foreign company would face HUGE obstacles getting laws here changed as needed. It's one thing to change laws to allow an American company to grow, (especially one with national loyalty at it's core), and another to pave the way for foreign competition.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Volkswagen had three concepts ready to roll and they decided to many liability issues as a car company building motorcycles. Elio may have 0 competition from the major auto companies.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you pay a company for both a product and service in advance, and that company fails to met a date you should have some compensation coming.
If not then once again who made that deal?
If delay was caused by IVA why would that have not been made clear at the time and reasons given. This is not a none of your business issue. Getting that engine start on time on video was very important to ELIO, after the announced delay in production. This was not a simple case of someone was late for work we will get at it tomorrow. The engine is the story right now, the chassis has been running around for some time with a GEO engine. Nothing much else was to happen until that engine was ready. As of today it is not
The elio engine is probably continuing to be tested on schedule and the first start ceremony cancellation had no effect on testing. I suspect the ceremonial first start was gratuitous on IAV's part and never in the original contract with EM.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"crap detector", well that's far below my pay scale. But I guess someone has to do it.
I see you are from
Louisiana
The Caddo parish commissioner who filed lawsuit obstructing Elio Motors is suppose to be responsible for EM loosing their production funding. Is this the understanding in Louisiana and especially Shreveport? What do the people of Schreveport or Louisiana think of her?

Top Bottom