• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Elio Lovers! I caught the 3-wheel bug last month when I bought the Polaris Slingshot. Not a day after, my folks mentioned that they saw the Elio on the news...I had to check it out. Now, I'm hooked on this 3-wheeler too! I live in Wyoming, in the mountains, so the idea of being able to "ride a bike in the Winter" really appeals. Not to mention the gas economy, etc. I commute to work, the Elio would be a great car for that! Can't wait until they start production. Speaking of that, I hear it's probably going to be in early 2016 some time? That about right?
Welcome, if you're just now reserving one, the latter half of 2016 is more likely.

xAaron

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello all. New to posting on this forum but not new to the forum. Joined March 2014 and have been off and on checking for info on Elio. I think there are many more like me that joined this forum looking for info but remain silent. Went all in for $100 on 2/8/2014 and upgraded to $1000 all in on 12/7/2014. My number in line is 11858. I know some folks on here love flying and so do I. Started flying sailplanes (gliders) before I could drive a car. Love motorcycles too and have my motorcycle license. Live in upstate NY. Looking forward to receive my Elio and looking forward to learn more about the Elio and other topics on this site.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Elio Lovers! I caught the 3-wheel bug last month when I bought the Polaris Slingshot. Not a day after, my folks mentioned that they saw the Elio on the news...I had to check it out. Now, I'm hooked on this 3-wheeler too! I live in Wyoming, in the mountains, so the idea of being able to "ride a bike in the Winter" really appeals. Not to mention the gas economy, etc. I commute to work, the Elio would be a great car for that! Can't wait until they start production. Speaking of that, I hear it's probably going to be in early 2016 some time? That about right?
Rocketjockeyeng, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. If you haven't been on the forum much I would recommend you look at the various threads and look at those that most interest you. There is plenty of information here and for the most part members are friendly and helpful. We look forward to your comments, questions and opinions and we would love to hear about your experiences with your slingshot. Welcome and enjoy both the Elio experience and the journey with us.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all. New to posting on this forum but not new to the forum. Joined March 2014 and have been off and on checking for info on Elio. I think there are many more like me that joined this forum looking for info but remain silent. Went all in for $100 on 2/8/2014 and upgraded to $1000 all in on 12/7/2014. My number in line is 11858. I know some folks on here love flying and so do I. Started flying sailplanes (gliders) before I could drive a car. Love motorcycles too and have my motorcycle license. Live in upstate NY. Looking forward to receive my Elio and looking forward to learn more about the Elio and other topics on this site.
xAaron, welcome from New Mexico, land of enchantment and miles of great roads for the Elio.

Douglas III

Reaction score
So I assume many of you have already read the Who Are Our Moderators? thread. Now it's time for the members to join in the fun also. Many of you introduced yourselves when you joined however we want to hear who you are, what makes you tick, your life story, your plans for your Elios, and anything/everything else you wish to share with us.

Feel free to have fun with this, tell us some funny true stores, tell us some stories that stretch the truth, whatever you wish to make this a fun and enjoyable thread for all. :eek::D:cool::)
So I assume many of you have already read the Who Are Our Moderators? thread. Now it's time for the members to join in the fun also. Many of you introduced yourselves when you joined however we want to hear who you are, what makes you tick, your life story, your plans for your Elios, and anything/everything else you wish to share with us.

Feel free to have fun with this, tell us some funny true stores, tell us some stories that stretch the truth, whatever you wish to make this a fun and enjoyable thread for all. :eek::D:cool::)

Douglas III

Reaction score
Ok, who am I ? Well I guess I'll start with my real name Lars Larsen. No not the radio personality, and yes my parents have a sense of humor.
I and my wife (of 8 years) and step daughter live in a small farming community (150 ish) in SE Nebraska.
I have been in the aviation field for 23 years starting out as a Cobra helicopter mechanic in the Nebraska army national guard. During those 6 years of service I began working in the aircraft modification field with 2 different companies in 3 different locations. My current position I have held for the last 14 years is a Master upholstery technician. We refurbish corporate jets with all the bells and whistles. I really enjoy my job and all the people I get to meet along with the places I travel.
Over my 40 years I've driven just about everything from bulldozers to motorcycles and several Allis Chalmers tractors along the way. That's probably why I'm leaning towards the orange Elio. I'm really looking forward to getting this car and being part of the pioneers that we are in this Elio venture.
My time spent here on this forum will probably come and go off and on, but I believe it is a great community that hopefully will continue on for many years down the road. Just a thought came into my head now. Maybe we, the first year Elio owners, should be "charter members" of this forum. Just an idea.
If you liked this great, please post your story and thanks to Goofyone for the invite!

Bill Anderson

Elio Fan
Reaction score

First post , long time lurqer. 71 year old male. Long time snow skier, sailor. Living on my self-built catamaran in Mexico since 2004. Looking forward to driving my Elio.

Top Bottom