• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

halsherfey

Reaction score
So I assume many of you have already read the Who Are Our Moderators? thread. Now it's time for the members to join in the fun also. Many of you introduced yourselves when you joined however we want to hear who you are, what makes you tick, your life story, your plans for your Elios, and anything/everything else you wish to share with us.

Feel free to have fun with this, tell us some funny true stores, tell us some stories that stretch the truth, whatever you wish to make this a fun and enjoyable thread for all. :eek::D:cool::)

My name is David, I currently live in Boston, and I'm going to park my orange Elio next to the tiny house I'm building in North Carolina. I think they'll be a perfect pair in my mission to downsize and unload and purge and simplify. But I'm keeping my Camaro as a reminder of my former life in the fast lane.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
welcome1.jpg
Hi Halsherfey! Welcome from Georgia!

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Wayne Smith from Middle Georgia area. I work at the bus manufacture, and we build school bus call Blue Bird. I work in the Engineering Department as an Senior Draftman. I had worked at Blue Bird for 34 years, and my job was draw sheetmetal part design by the engineer for the first 15 years. I now draw harness and wiring diagram per engineer design for the last 19 years. I enjoy my work and looking forward to work for next 15 years. I have put down $100 "all in" for Elio reservation last May of 2014, and I upgrade to $1000 for Elio reservation last December of 2014. My spot-in-line is 12,101, and I have high hope Elio Motors will start production by early of 2016. I am glad to be part of ElioOwner.com group. Now you know something about me, and now it your turn. WHO NEXT!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am Thomas from San Antonio... I currently drive a 17 year old truck that I have owned for 9 of those years. While it works great and is paid for, it sucks gas and just hauls me alone 95% of the time... The rest of that 5% is (3% another person - 2% hauling something)...

to put it delicately, i'm one broke @55 mofo with good credit, that would love to take some trips round the country to visit family and friends. The Elio would give me economical freedom of movement both near and far. Hopefully my truck can remain my "and" vehicle after I get my Elio. (I am starting to look around for a good way to keep a vehicle on "standby" without having to pay insurance on it all the time lol... ) the ability to haul bulk items is extremely valuable on short notice, and an Elio and a standby truck seem like the perfect combo in my humble opinion.

I am currently all in at the $100 level. I don't have cash to throw around but I believe in this project and really could use one, so I reserved myself a nice spot in line. I would love to to upgrade my level, but I have to sit on my money for now. I want to upgrade to $500 when I see mass-hiring, and then $1000 when production starts...

edit:

Oh yeah... I want manual trans elio, painted red, with power steering, backup camera, and premium sound... well see what else you offer...

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am Thomas from San Antonio... I currently drive a 17 year old truck that I have owned for 9 of those years. While it works great and is paid for, it sucks gas and just hauls me alone 95% of the time... The rest of that 5% is (3% another person - 2% hauling something)...

to put it delicately, i'm one broke @55 mofo with good credit, that would love to take some trips round the country to visit family and friends. The Elio would give me economical freedom of movement both near and far. Hopefully my truck can remain my "and" vehicle after I get my Elio. (I am starting to look around for a good way to keep a vehicle on "standby" without having to pay insurance on it all the time lol... ) the ability to haul bulk items is extremely valuable on short notice, and an Elio and a standby truck seem like the perfect combo in my humble opinion.

I am currently all in at the $100 level. I don't have cash to throw around but I believe in this project and really could use one, so I reserved myself a nice spot in line. I would love to to upgrade my level, but I have to sit on my money for now. I want to upgrade to $500 when I see mass-hiring, and then $1000 when production starts...

edit:

Oh yeah... I want manual trans elio, painted red, with power steering, backup camera, and premium sound... well see what else you offer...
Hey welcome the site. You've got a great financial plan and hope the truck holds out for another year! -

Reaction score
Hi Thomas, Welcome. My husband insured our pick up truck as a 'farm vehicle', because we don't drive it out much but to haul animals and take to auctions. It is very reasonable. Right now the truck is stuck in the back woods in the frozen mud full of fresh cut firewood. It's been sitting there for a month. We might need to wait till spring to get it out. Why pay for it to be on the road?

PS I DIDN'T DO IT.

Top Bottom