• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First post , long time lurqer. 71 year old male. Long time snow skier, sailor. Living on my self-built catamaran in Mexico since 2004. Looking forward to driving my Elio.
Bill, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. You are in the age bracket of quite a few of us. Too old (or to smart) to continue riding our motorcycle but still like the excitement of the open road. Plenty of interesting people on the forum and we hope you enjoy both the Elio experience and the journey with us.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Elio Lovers! I caught the 3-wheel bug last month when I bought the Polaris Slingshot. Not a day after, my folks mentioned that they saw the Elio on the news...I had to check it out. Now, I'm hooked on this 3-wheeler too! I live in Wyoming, in the mountains, so the idea of being able to "ride a bike in the Winter" really appeals. Not to mention the gas economy, etc. I commute to work, the Elio would be a great car for that! Can't wait until they start production. Speaking of that, I hear it's probably going to be in early 2016 some time? That about right?
Could you give me your impressions of the slingshot, looking as a backup plan.
thanks

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some great stories here! Let's see if I can keep it brief...Okay. Name's Kevin Jung (pronounced 'Young'...German descent) and I'm 52 yrs old, born in Newark, NJ, but moved to the Denver area when I was 3 months old. Grew up in CO, southwest Denver and Arvada, and enlisted in the Navy at 18 yrs old in '80...actually, my first night in bootcamp was New Years Eve of '80 - '81, totally miserable way to start the new year! Ended up stationed at NAS Miramar, working on F-14 Tomcats at VF-124 (Top Gun filmed there). Met my wife there and got married in '84...still married to the same woman. Two kids, a son and a daughter, 26 yrs and 30 yrs respectively, and a 5 year old grandson from my daughter. Back to CO for a couple of years doing HVAC work, and moved to Pacific, MO in '87 and hired on at McDonnell Douglas. Did all the composite repairs on AV8B Harrier wings, transferred to F-15E Eagles, transferred to F-18 Super Hornets, composite repair again for another 5 years, and ended up back on the F-15E's again building the center fuselage (pretty much the chunk between the wings, forward of the verticals, and behind the cockpit when looking at my avatar). LOVE fighter jets, and I never get tired of watching them take off, especially when they're pouring the coals to it.:cool:
My son is in the Navy. He is with the Black Knights VFA154 F-18 Super Hornet Fighter Squadron out of Lemoore, CA. He is an electronics tech. He has been on two deployments, one on the USS Ronald Reagan, the other on the USS Nimitz.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all ! It is wonderful to join a new revolution in personal transportation ! I am anxious to join this emerging community of green minded citizens of this small blue world. I have met my goal of reducing my carbon footprint in half by buying a Honda Fit to replace the Jeep for daily commuting, and insulated my home and went to CFL's. I also now heat with wood instead of oil. This car will allow me to go to the next level ! World, are you listening ?
Reservation 35686? Must be a mistake!

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I HAVE HAD A LIFE LONG FASCINATION WITH UNUSUAL AND 3 WHEEL VEHICLES .

I BOUGHT MY FIRST ISETTA IN 1984 AND MY FIRST MESSERSCHMITT IN 1986 .
THERE HAVE BEEN DOZENS OF SMALL & STRANGE VEHICLES IN MY GARAGE .

THE ELIO SEEMS LIKE A NATURAL CHOICE FOR ME AND A GOOD DESIGN AS WELL .
I HAVE 4 OF THEM RESERVED BUT I CAN ONLY FORESEE KEEPING ONE .
IT WILL BE MY DAILY DRIVER AND MY '97 BMW 318ti WILL BE SOLD WHEN IT GETS HERE .

DSC_0051.JPG DSC_0545.JPG DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0219.JPG DSC_0484.JPG DSC_1565.JPG 100_2360.JPG

John Higgins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am retired, have a Can AM Spyder. Have driven motorcycles all my life and can't wait to get my hands on this one. I just gave my car to my daughter in law to help her out now I am without a covered vehicle of my own. I am looking for a Hot Red with cruise control, std sunvisor, AM/FM and MP3 player, maybe side mirrow alert. Not sure if I want the Standard or Auto Trans. My Can AM is Semi Automatic and it is GREAT! Never back off the gas to shift, just hit the paddle. Must faster than any bike I have come up upon. The Can AM is 100 HP so the Elio will not be the speed demon that the Can AM is. I have a VW Bug in 1970 that had 55 HP and it was Great and did everything I needed.

Top Bottom