• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello from Clemmons, NC
Been a motorcycle rider since 08/1968 but had to hang it up and sell the bike in 2012... Doctors orders. I'm also a Life Member of C.O.B.B. (Crippled Old Biker Bastards). Tried a Trike and a Can-Am recently but both didn't work out due to medical issues. I'm stoked about the Elio and I'm looking forward to the Display in Charlotte, NC from 12/5-12/7. Not riding for two years has left an incredible void in my life and I hope the Elio is the cure for what ails me. Couldn't wear any of my Kilts on the Bike but I'll definitely be able to in the Elio.

Hello <> Greetings to you Celtictat2! Enjoy this site, enjoy the planning of your Elio. I see you had done some research over the past two years to find a match for your current needs and the Elio meets those needs! I am very happy for you! Enjoy the journey here, researching and emailing! To comfort you, elioowner tee-shirts are in the store up-top (of this page) for a mear $10.00 and of finest quality fabric.
Great item to have on a hanger at the favorite door knob in your residence. I have one on a hanger, hanging on a door knob in my residence, fun to pass that door daily.
Best regards
Terrence in Maryland :)

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all ! It is wonderful to join a new revolution in personal transportation ! I am anxious to join this emerging community of green minded citizens of this small blue world. I have met my goal of reducing my carbon footprint in half by buying a Honda Fit to replace the Jeep for daily commuting, and insulated my home and went to CFL's. I also now heat with wood instead of oil. This car will allow me to go to the next level ! World, are you listening ?
Welcome aboard.....

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello my name is harlan.
I used to live in a van by the river till it got repossessed. I now have a great place under a bridge. As the pup tent wore out.
I spend my days with a cardboard sighn looking for odd jobs for food or the occasional shower.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What makes me tick? That's unfortunate you don't seem to understand basic anatomy. However my heart beats pumping blood around carrying nutrients to my cells that have been digested from the food I have eaten. It also carries waste away from the cells along with delivering oxygen from my lungs. ;)

I live in the Atlanta area and spend to much time talking to Goofyone. :D
I can certainly believe that. . . . . You're sounding like you could be a clone. :)

Celtictat2

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey Welcome Celtic! Glad to have you here. Did you put in your reservation yet?
I would have put in my reservation as soon as I learned about the Elio but Momma had different ideas and I'm afraid she's right... again:( She convinced me not to go "All In" until I try to get in and out of one. We're both concerned about my physical issues. I know once I'm seated I'll be fine (just need to make room for my cane) but it's the in/out that might be a problem. The low slung look reminds me of my MGB's I had back in the 60's, I'm 6' 4" and I more than enough room in those babies.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello my name is harlan.
I used to live in a van by the river till it got repossessed. I now have a great place under a bridge. As the pup tent wore out.
I spend my days with a cardboard sighn looking for odd jobs for food or the occasional shower.
Didn't I see you do a stent on SNL. I know I saw you fall and crush a coffee table, fall through a plate glass window, and do a competitive chip n dales dance.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would have put in my reservation as soon as I learned about the Elio but Momma had different ideas and I'm afraid she's right... again:( She convinced me not to go "All In" until I try to get in and out of one. We're both concerned about my physical issues. I know once I'm seated I'll be fine (just need to make room for my cane) but it's the in/out that might be a problem. The low slung look reminds me of my MGB's I had back in the 60's, I'm 6' 4" and I more than enough room in those babies.
I think I remember the load capacity is somewhere around 420 or 450 lbs.
P. S. Aren't you a little to old to be still living at home with MaMa?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

I hear ya Celtic, it's been said that the ground clearance of the production Elio will be that of a Mustang, so if you can find a late-model version of it, that will tell you at least as far as vertically what it feels like for you.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also use a cane and found that getting in and out was fine. I am considerably shorter than you at almost 5'2" but that doesn't change the fact that my knees are, um, very well worn. There are videos of gentlemen your height and even one who is 7'4" on EM Instagram getting in and out of the Elio. I know it will be easier still to get in the production Elio since it will be higher off the ground than the P4. :-) Z

Paul Gehrke

Reaction score
So I assume many of you have already read the Who Are Our Moderators? thread. Now it's time for the members to join in the fun also. Many of you introduced yourselves when you joined however we want to hear who you are, what makes you tick, your life story, your plans for your Elios, and anything/everything else you wish to share with us.

Feel free to have fun with this, tell us some funny true stores, tell us some stories that stretch the truth, whatever you wish to make this a fun and enjoyable thread for all. :eek::D:cool::)

My wife and I ride motorcycles and we are both over 65----she is unable to handle the heat here in Texas and I thought maybe an Elio would be her new "motorcycle" and allow her to get out again. We live in Beaumont, Texas. Yes I know it is a car but-------- :)

Top Bottom