• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Car You Have Owned Was, Is, The Most Fun To Drive?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How can you go from 80's tourers to a Hayabusa?!?!?! I'll bet your holding on for dear life when making that switch. And an Opel and 240Z? PLEASE post pictures. Never owned either one, but always wanted to.:cool:
The Hayabusa is the only motorcycle I have had that I actually have to hold onto. Its acceleration is amazing. It has an electronic speed limiter which limits its speed to 300KPH or 186 MPH. I decided (when I was 59 years old) to take it up one time to its maximum speed and I did, out in the California desert. I simply took it up to its maximum speed, held it there for a few seconds, then slowed back down. Two interesting things happened. First, there was a very large vacuum over my back pulling upward on me. Second, I slowed down from 186MPH to what seemed was an excessively slow speed. When I looked at the speedometer however, it was registering 100MPH. After 186MPH, a speed of 100 MPH seemed very, very slow. The sense of speed is relative. I have a friend who races at Willow Springs Raceway and when he comes back from practicing, he has to always put his truck on cruise control or he will be going 90 MPH through town. His sense of speed is still use to the track.

The next day, I went on a different day trip. (My day trips are usually around 440 miles.) I pulled off the road at a scenic overlook to appreciate the vista. Then I turned, walked towards my bike, and noticed something shiny on my rear tire. I stooped down to see what my tire had picked up and saw it was the steel cord of my rear tire. My tire was worn so much that the steel cord was showing through. I paused, looked at the tire, and thought to myself, "I went 186MPH on that tire yesterday?!

I will work on the Opel and 240Z pictures.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Geeze, are you going to have enough room for an Elio?, I have 5 cars and 5 bikes (and I am baby sitting a trailer, a Dodge truck and an RX7 also) and I have to play the "parking lot puzzle game" now .
View attachment 4508
This is why I don't mind the delay. I am still trying to decide where I am going to park the Elio.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Hayabusa is the only motorcycle I have had that I actually have to hold onto. Its acceleration is amazing. It has an electronic speed limiter which limits its speed to 300KPH or 186 MPH. I decided (when I was 59 years old) to take it up one time to its maximum speed and I did, out in the California desert. I simply took it up to its maximum speed, held it there for a few seconds, then slowed back down. Two interesting things happened. First, there was a very large vacuum over my back pulling upward on me. Second, I slowed down from 186MPH to what seemed was an excessively slow speed. When I looked at the speedometer however, it was registering 100MPH. After 186MPH, a speed of 100 MPH seemed very, very slow. The sense of speed is relative. I have a friend who races at Willow Springs Raceway and when he comes back from practicing, he has to always put his truck on cruise control or he will be going 90 MPH through town. His sense of speed is still use to the track.

The next day, I went on a different day trip. (My day trips are usually around 440 miles.) I pulled off the road at a scenic overlook to appreciate the vista. Then I turned, walked towards my bike, and noticed something shiny on my rear tire. I stooped down to see what my tire had picked up and saw it was the steel cord of my rear tire. My tire was worn so much that the steel cord was showing through. I paused, looked at the tire, and thought to myself, "I went 186MPH on that tire yesterday?!

WOW! You are a speeding person, and you came out alive.:) You are very brave person, however you had your fun for the day I bet.
need for speed.jpg

Reactions: DWR

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fun in the snow... 81 VW Rabbit Diesel. also had lots of fun in general in that car.
Runner up for fun in the snow ... my 05 Sunfire which I currently drive with 216,000 miles on the clock.
And just for all bad-assdom - my 05 Escalade that I just love I just plow right through with zero effort :D

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I know what your typing about!;)
I had a BMW K1200RS. I just got it and had not ridden a sport bike before. So I dessided to take it to the local twisty roads:). I was going to take it easy just feeling it out and get comfortable on it. I put it in third gear and head up the mountain just cursing. I take the first curve and accerlate out, second curve, same thing,, after the fourth curve I thought to myself, wonder how fast I'm goin?. I look at the speedo,,, 100 mph turnin 9 grand:eek: I swear I didn't know. That bike was so smooth and quiet I had no sensation of speed. Every time I rode it I was always catching myself speeding. I knew I was going to get in trouble, either a ticket or a ride in a helicopter.
I didn't keep it very long, but I sure did like that bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 199

TK24275

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have owned a 2008 smart car PURE (basic) and currently own a 2013 PASSION (mid model). I enjoy the smart cars fuel efficiency and FUN performance along with all of the "eyes" that are on you when you pass them! It has been a great car and always will be. The "lease" is the way to go. $1,000 down and $99/month on a PURE, $149/mo on a PASSION. THE PURCHASE price of $15,000+ is too high for this vehicle. IF YOU HAVE OWNED a previous smart car or Mercedes, they waive the $1,000 down payment!!! Choose the lease and have fun until the Elio is available sometime in 2016. At that time I'll own all three 3cylinder 40+mpg vehicles: smart car, mitsubishi mirage and Elio. Check-out my website: 3c40mpg

Top Bottom