• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The I'm All In At $1k Thread

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We don't really have any official stats on this from Elio Motors however what they have told us is that about 80% of all reservation are non-refundable. We also have the reserved production numbers that come out in batches about every 4 or 5 weeks so we do have a good general idea about how many $1000 reservation there are. The last batch included reservations through March 16 and the highest number I have seen is 3405 so it would appear that about 1/4 of all reservations are for the full non-refundable $1000.
Thanks for the 411..I noticed you ordered yours with cruise ..bluetooth..trailer hitch.. do you have the price or option list break down for your extras?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the 411..I noticed you ordered yours with cruise ..bluetooth..trailer hitch.. do you have the price or option list break down for your extras?

That's just my current wish list. We don't yet have an official list of options and their cost. That information likely won't be finalized until we get closer to production.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's just my current wish list. We don't yet have an official list of options and their cost. That information likely won't be finalized until we get closer to production.

Got Ya..I do know I will opt for the manual transmission.. About 100 years ago me and the girl I was dating bought Geo Metro convertibles..Hers auto, mine stick.. With the 3 cylinder motor I averaged about 50 mpg she was not getting 35 and hers really sucked for power .. I pulled a jet ski behind mine.. drove it 130,000 miles before selling it..Only things replaced were tires, muffler and battery, was not back to the dealer once..so if I get that much use out of the Elio I'll be happy ..

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Got Ya..I do know I will opt for the manual transmission.. About 100 years ago me and the girl I was dating bought Geo Metro convertibles..Hers auto, mine stick.. With the 3 cylinder motor I averaged about 50 mpg she was not getting 35 and hers really sucked for power .. I pulled a jet ski behind mine.. drove it 130,000 miles before selling it..Only things replaced were tires, muffler and battery, was not back to the dealer once..so if I get that much use out of the Elio I'll be happy ..

I am just used to manuals as its pretty much all I have ever owned but things have improved a lot since the Geo days and people with automatic Elios should be happy. The automatic planned for the Elio is an automated manual transmission (AMT) which is just a manual that shifts itself. These transmissions normally get the same or even slightly better gas mileage than the manual.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am just used to manuals as its pretty much all I have ever owned but things have improved a lot since the Geo days and people with automatic Elios should be happy. The automatic planned for the Elio is an automated manual transmission (AMT) which is just a manual that shifts itself. These transmissions normally get the same or even slightly better gas mileage than the manual.

I definitely like the sound of slightly better gas mileage for the AMT. Another plus for Elio! :-) Z

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they stick true to their goal of producing 250 k units a year the cars reserved at this date should be pushed through the line in the first 3 weeks of operation..meaning the 1k all in"s should be ready the first week..I don't know this all still sounds if-ee..On the other side of the coin Elio sure is spending plenty of bucks ( probably from the 13k people who reserved )..promoting..Has anyone actually laid eyes on a completed model with the new motor instead of a p model powered by an old Geo or witnessed any kind of set up going on at the Factory they clain to now own ?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If they stick true to their goal of producing 250 k units a year the cars reserved at this date should be pushed through the line in the first 3 weeks of operation..meaning the 1k all in"s should be ready the first week..I don't know this all still sounds if-ee..On the other side of the coin Elio sure is spending plenty of bucks ( probably from the 13k people who reserved )..promoting..Has anyone actually laid eyes on a completed model with the new motor instead of a p model powered by an old Geo or witnessed any kind of set up going on at the Factory they clain to now own ?

The assembly line will start slowly, and speed up over time, so workers have time to learn their tasks and also to find any kinks in the assembly process. Based on this our best guess is the 1K all in as of right now will end up taking 6-8 weeks to produce. The first year plan as we know it is to get the line to produce 5,000 vehicles per month with a single shift. We estimate it will likely take about 3 months for them to be able to actually hit this number so our best guess right now is that they have reservations for a little short of the first four months of production.

As of January Elio Motors was known to have raised $47 million in funding so they should have plenty of money to actually complete development of this car. They will have to raise more money for production however with a fully developed vehicle and a bunch of people lining up to buy it already we hope this will be easier to accomplish.

The timeline as we know it is for the completed motor to be installed in the next prototype (P5) which they have told us to expect in June. The P5 may be the final prototype and should be a fully completed vehicle with production level interior, exterior, and drivetrain. If the P5 works out the way they expect then they will follow it with a pre-production test run of 18-26 vehicles to evaluate all systems, including crash testing, before entering production in the first or second quarter of 2015.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi gang, I took the plunge today. Very excited! Signature is changed, glad to become an official member of the family. No welcomes needed, I've been here for awhile. :)
I'm going to greet you anyway because you are truly a member of our family now! Welcome to the Elio Reservationist group. Hey, have the new numbers come out yet? I thought the blog (or was it a Tech Talk) said they were due out this weekend. I haven't read anything that says you can get it in before . . . . . to get your number like they did last time. But then I am still reading all the posts I missed yesterday. :) Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom