• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you found at overhaul the cam to cam journal clearance to be out of tolerance the simplest repair would be to have the cam nickel plated and turned to the size to give the correct clearance. Would probably still requier the head and valve cover to be align bored. I'm sure that if it wears at all it's going to be out-of-round.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how many miles are on my car's engine. The odometer is broken, and frequently "locks up" at any 100-mile boundary,

But now I'm thinking of ALL the different uses for a used Elio engine:

1. Put it in a super-charged lawn mower for racing
2. Put it in a one-of-a-kind motorcycle (like those guys who will put a V-8 between two weels)
3. Put it in a home-built helicopter (provided you can figure out where to put the oil pan... :rolleyes: ;) )

Your ideas?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how many miles are on my car's engine. The odometer is broken, and frequently "locks up" at any 100-mile boundary,

But now I'm thinking of ALL the different uses for a used Elio engine:

1. Put it in a super-charged lawn mower for racing
2. Put it in a one-of-a-kind motorcycle (like those guys who will put a V-8 between two weels)
3. Put it in a home-built helicopter (provided you can figure out where to put the oil pan... :rolleyes: ;) )

Your ideas?
FA9WG9KH1Y0EH0V.LARGE.jpg

Gas powered pencil sharpener?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On a webcomic site I follow, the artist is taking a vacation on a cruise ship. To quote him:
"I've been led to understand that internet connectivity aboard ship is something that is paid for in dollars-per-byte, in much the same way that my 1972 Buick Electra 225 (link: a photo of one that was not mine) measured its fuel economy in dollars-per-mile. For this reason I'm going to be disconnected most of the time."​
Let us bow our heads in remembrance of an era where only little old ladies and your dad worried about mileage, and the biggest question you'd get asked when you said your new engine got 85mpg wouldn't be "How did you do that?" but "Why would you bother?"

Top Bottom