• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Must be regional, as you say. My brother-in-law was teaching in France and needed a rental car last year. Where he was in France all rental cars had standard transmissions. In Atlanta, he could not find a single car rental company that had a single car with a manual transmission so that he could learn to drive one! Around here, that would definitely be a theft deterrent.
That's an interesting point on manual tranny being a theft deterrent. Never considered that. I'm still on the fence between manual and auto.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
C
Paddle shifters are okay if you have some meat under the hood. With this engine ? I don't know. Guess it would be something to play with.
MK

Can see PS's w/Turbo model down the road (npi)...........
upload_2014-10-9_13-3-17.jpeg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My dad always liked this variant; “There's never enough time to do it right the first time but there's always enough time to go back and do it again!”
My Dad had a variant of that "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how are you going to have time to go back and do it over?"

Top Bottom