• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I 2nd this.
Are you saying they should waste an engine on the P4 just so you gentlemen can get your jollies about results? Personally I prefer they do their testing until they get it right and then put the engine in the pre-production vehicle so we get that much closer to production. I have more faith in Elio Motors and IAV knowing the best way to get from point A to point B than all the people on this forum who are absolutely convinced they should have all the information right now so they can chew on it. Please let them get their work done so they can move on with the production instead of constantly demanding your need for confirmation be fulfilled. :-) Z

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you saying they should waste an engine on the P4 just so you gentlemen can get your jollies about results? Personally I prefer they do their testing until they get it right and then put the engine in the pre-production vehicle so we get that much closer to production. I have more faith in Elio Motors and IAV knowing the best way to get from point A to point B than all the people on this forum who are absolutely convinced they should have all the information right now so they can chew on it. Please let them get their work done so they can move on with the production instead of constantly demanding your need for confirmation be fulfilled. :) Z
You have to excuse these youngsters.....they were raised in an age of RIGHT NOW, from their use of the internet, cell phones, fast food restaurants, microwave meals, etc. They don't understand the concept of slow and steady gets the job done right the first time.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have to excuse these youngsters.....they were raised in an age of RIGHT NOW, from their use of the internet, cell phones, fast food restaurants, microwave meals, etc. They don't understand the concept of slow and steady gets the job done right the first time.
"Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again!" - Dad

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score

And most of them have never designed a product.

As I write this I'm supposed to be designing a fan controller. Sounds simple, right? Some of the members here want an entire engine design completed in the same amount of time.

Of course, I'd be done already if I'd stop hanging out in forums...

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My dad always liked this variant; “There's never enough time to do it right the first time but there's always enough time to go back and do it again!”
Working in banking, I had a bank president state it as, "There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it twice." And all along we each thought the person we heard it from thought it up.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny, most people I know can drive manual! I guess that has to do with location. Staten Island, NY v Denver CO.
Must be regional, as you say. My brother-in-law was teaching in France and needed a rental car last year. Where he was in France all rental cars had standard transmissions. In Atlanta, he could not find a single car rental company that had a single car with a manual transmission so that he could learn to drive one! Around here, that would definitely be a theft deterrent.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Manual was cool when I was young and dumb. Oh for the sound of that 2nd. and 3rd. gear rubber. Those were the days.
Now pop the shifter and floor the pedal.

Top Bottom