• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Back Seat...

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

This is goofyone's pic.

SO THERE'S ONLY A LAP BELT IN BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That doesn't sound or look very safe. I hope they make this a full three-point seat belt for production. I honest to God wouldn't feel comfortable having only a lap belt for my passenger. I don't see how you can achieve a 5 star crash test rating with this.
Yeah! And, like, there's no cup holder, man!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, but really, the seatbelt thing actually bothers me.
If you are really that concerned about it, I suggest you contact Elio Motors and ask them about it; they are the only ones that can answer that question without "guessing" at it.
Please let the rest of us know what the answer is so we can share it here.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe, and as usual I could be wrong, there is no longer any mention of a 5 star rating.
IMO it will be impossible to achieve 5 star based on car standards, however easy for a motorcycle 5 star :-) "autocycle"
--car when wanted, bike when needed.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.Would anyone know about how to remove the rear seat area? Do you think it would be very easy?

For the most part, it seems the rear seat is integrated into the rear of the vehicle. You could probably remove the seat back (the fold-down portion of the seat) but I think the seat-bottom would be more difficult. It is, basically, just a layer of padding on top of the rear wheel well.

Top Bottom