• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Back Seat...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure I read somewhere that there was plans for both 12v power AND a cup holder for the back seat. Also, I plan on splitting a pair of something like these with my brother.
Good plan. Maybe there will be a thriving Elio headrest monitor swap program. Hey, link that headrest monitor to a dash cam and the passenger would be able to watch the road with you!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good plan. Maybe there will be a thriving Elio headrest monitor swap program. Hey, link that headrest monitor to a dash cam and the passenger would be able to watch the road with you!
Hmmmm, I think I'll go look at some combo possibilities; have the 1 monitor in the visor for a "rearview mirror" and tie multiple feeds into the headrest monitor so your backseat passenger could choose forward view/rearward view/DVD/game monitor/Satellite TV and throw a regular reflective mirror in for the ones that want to see themselves.
Plus it would be a heated 12 way power seat with memory; you would end up having a wire bundle the size of your wrist running up into that seat.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I think I'll go look at some combo possibilities; have the 1 monitor in the visor for a "rearview mirror" and tie multiple feeds into the headrest monitor so your backseat passenger could choose forward view/rearward view/DVD/game monitor/Satellite TV and throw a regular reflective mirror in for the ones that want to see themselves.
Plus it would be a heated 12 way power seat with memory; you would end up having a wire bundle the size of your wrist running up into that seat.

To say nothing of the tremendous draw on the tiny battery :eek:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And before anyone asks; this is the visor monitor I was talking about
upload_2016-2-10_10-7-13.png

To say nothing of the tremendous draw on the tiny battery :eek:
There's a sticker on the dash that says "car must be running for seat to operate"

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And before anyone asks; this is the visor monitor I was talking about
View attachment 8337

There's a sticker on the dash that says "car must be running for seat to operate"
I could see a pair of those both connecting to a single rear view camera: one visor for the driver, and one for the passenger.

Looks like some folks expect to have a passenger with them for long periods of time and they want them to be very comfortable and entertained! I see myself driving solo 99% of the time.

I'll usually be solo, too. But on the rare occasions my wife and I travel long-distance, it would really help her well-being to not feel claustrophobic. She probably wouldn't want a screen for watching any shows or anything, so I'm actually more concerned about how comfortable the rear seat is. If a padded, heated rear seat isn't an option from the factory, than I'll just install an aftermarket kit.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll usually be solo, too. But on the rare occasions my wife and I travel long-distance, it would really help her well-being to not feel claustrophobic. She probably wouldn't want a screen for watching any shows or anything, so I'm actually more concerned about how comfortable the rear seat is. If a padded, heated rear seat isn't an option from the factory, than I'll just install an aftermarket kit.
Then I found the perfect item for you Heated Seat+

Anyone can install it in less than 30 min., and it's on special for only $29.99

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

This is goofyone's pic.

SO THERE'S ONLY A LAP BELT IN BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That doesn't sound or look very safe. I hope they make this a full three-point seat belt for production. I honest to God wouldn't feel comfortable having only a lap belt for my passenger. I don't see how you can achieve a 5 star crash test rating with this.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

This is goofyone's pic.

SO THERE'S ONLY A LAP BELT IN BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That doesn't sound or look very safe. I hope they make this a full three-point seat belt for production. I honest to God wouldn't feel comfortable having only a lap belt for my passenger. I don't see how you can achieve a 5 star crash test rating with this.

What is the date on that picture.
Also keep in mind...... It's a prototype....... Not final production.

Top Bottom