• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Results Are In!!!! Vote Early, Vote Often!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder the same thing..........clear coat will take care of "smoothness / shinyness" :)
But wouldn't that cost more to have colored panels AND still have to paint them? I still don't know what the "dry process" paint system they plan on using is. Next time a member is going to a showing and offers to ask questions, I will submit one about this.:)

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably a large room size oven. IMO
I don't know Bert. I don't think the panels could withstand the heat it takes to powder coat. Maybe there's a low temp powder coat product out there I've never heard of.:)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a black one that Silas Sunday did in his photo album that just made me go Wow!
He did a custom nose piece that changed the lights, grill and put markers on both front wheels.

P5 Black Custom.jpg

I would love to have a custom nose section like that available because it would be on mine.
It is in Black and you can see where it does blend with the background in the picture.
But the modifications and the chrome stand out so much more.

Does kind of make it look "pigeon toed"

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a black one that Silas Sunday did in his photo album that just made me go Wow!
He did a custom nose piece that changed the lights, grill and put markers on both front wheels.

View attachment 5995

I would love to have a custom nose section like that available because it would be on mine.
It is in Black and you can see where it does blend with the background in the picture.
But the modifications and the chrome stand out so much more.

Does kind of make it look "pigeon toed"
Looks great, but like White, it kind of blends into the background

Top Bottom