• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Results Are In!!!! Vote Early, Vote Often!

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss, they've stated before, the body panels, while molded, will be painted after they're formed. I'm pretty certain on this, though I wondered at the time why they didn't just add the pigament into the batch before molding it?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Coss, they've stated before, the body panels, while molded, will be painted after they're formed. I'm pretty certain on this, though I wondered at the time why they didn't just add the pigament into the batch before molding it?

a good while back they stated the number of different color options was determined by the number of paint booths at the factory

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No one will say look at that awesome white car, but rather look at awesome white autocycle! Note how white pops out at you in this attachment. It seems so much BIGGER than either the Creamsicle or Sour Apple. lol
View attachment 5981

One thing I DO know is, all of the white cars I see on the roads, aren't driving in front of white scenery! :D I personally am NOT planning to buy a white Elio, but as others have pointed out, It makes a great "canvas" for custom paint, graphics, or wraps. Hmmm, maybe white is back in the running.:cool:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, then if you ding a panel you can buy a color matched one from the factory.
Or even spring for different color pieces, like the wheel covers in one color, body in another.
When I read that they were using the same panels as used in the Corvettes I figured they would be molded in color like the Corvette; BMW i8 does the body in cast colors.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, then if you ding a panel you can buy a color matched one from the factory.
Or even spring for different color pieces, like the wheel covers in one color, body in another.
When I read that they were using the same panels as used in the Corvettes I figured they would be molded in color like the Corvette; BMW i8 does the body in cast colors.
How would you control inventory when some colors would be in demand, and others might sit on the shelf.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about one in camo ?

Top Bottom