• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Brother, you couldn't be more wrong. you might need some facts.
An ESPN “Sports Sciences” story in 2012 showed what Denny Hamlin goes through in a race. ESPN was allowed to have sensors inside Hamlin’s car—and one inside his body that he swallowed—to gather information during the 2012 Coca-Cola 600. The ESPN report showed that Hamlin’s car was 130 degrees throughout the race, that he sweated 3.5 pints of perspiration an hour, lost 13 pounds of water weight during that event and that his neck supports g-forces of 40 pounds in the turns—in a 400-lap race, that’s 800 40-pound reps with his neck. His heart rate was 130 for the event, which is comparable to an endurance runner except that the Coke 600 lasts twice as long as a marathon would.

Do I need to find more for you?
Heart rate for long-distance runners 130?? no way
One of the qualities is a VERY low resting pulse (40 is common enough that they wear med alerts to identify this) and with a larger heart w/ more red blood cells (hence training at altitude), and their racing rate hovers near 100. That's how/why they can run such distances at such speed without stressing their hearts, and not profusely sweating and gasping for breath -probably the same with all endurance sports, but I'm only familiar with road racing. That's some of the major characteristics of this athlete - for example, 24 hr racers, Iron men/woman or more dramaticly Death Valley runs.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any ideas why Elio hasn't updated their reservation counter since Feb 1? It's still at 38978 as of 9:42EST. Don't they usually update on Fridays?
It seems that it is updated about every seven days. I haven't noticed it changing on a specific week day. It should be today or Monday. Any guess or bets on what the number or total will be? I think it will be slightly over 40k.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
with all the negative publicity, if they hit 40K on the next release, I would consider that to be remarkable ....
You may be correct. I was thinking that it may have increased a few hundred so what I really meant was 39k. To hit 40k it would have increased 1022 and that isn't going to happen in seven days... possible but unlikely.

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd love it! I raced motorcross growing up and always had sports cars till I had to start moving where the Air Force wanted me to go at which point, trucks made more sense. There's a lot to know driving a race car, I understand. But, the actual driving can't be THAT difficult.
Ty, what you do in AF. Did you work at BAFB?

Top Bottom