• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P6 ?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Debate is positive. Argument/namecalling not so much. meh: Whatever will be, will be. Lets put our butts in THE P5 along with ONE IAV assembled engine and see how things progress from there. I would like to see an ACTUAL IAV engine provide the power to move an ACTUAL Elio. Plenty of time after that major timeline event is documented to plan for a production labor force.

I will agree that debate is positive when current facts are presented. When people castigate visionaries based on out of date information I have a serious problem with it. Would I encourage Paul Elio to publish current financials in response to these attacks? No! Definitely not. The same people would continue their attacks. No amount of information would satisfy them. Mr. Elio is better keeping his own counsel with regards to the financial plans.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will agree that debate is positive when current facts are presented. When people castigate visionaries based on out of date information I have a serious problem with it. Would I encourage Paul Elio to publish current financials in response to these attacks? No! Definitely not. The same people would continue their attacks. No amount of information would satisfy them. Mr. Elio is better keeping his own counsel with regards to the financial plans.
The apparent problem with argument is that the EM facts of the past changed to the EM current facts which will change to the EM future facts on the bumpy road to production.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Smitty901, post: 107594, member: 2878"
Real small business sometimes get away with robbing peter to pay Paul when they start ,out borrowing on credit cards and from family . ELIO is a little to big for that to work.[/QUOTE]

Elio IS borrowing money from the family. Who do you think we are, relative to EM, and what do you think our non-refundable reservations are? Unsecured loans, in essence.

But you're right, they're going to need really big bucks from somewhere, and need it fairly soon.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, it was NOT in their 2013 'financials'; but apparently it was not 'considered' by Paul Elio.... on 2 July 2015 either. Even if the engine assembly is 'contracted out', although Elio Motors has SAID it will be in their "Elio Motors Engine Manufacturing Facility" ( and they showed a small 'engine area' in their plans for the factory) .... they will still have to PAY the contractor. Sure hope they 'considered' it!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, it was NOT in their 2013 'financials'; but apparently it was not 'considered' by Paul Elio.... on 2 July 2015 either. Even if the engine assembly is 'contracted out', although Elio Motors has SAID it will be in their "Elio Motors Engine Manufacturing Facility" ( and they showed a small 'engine area' in their plans for the factory) .... they will still have to PAY the contractor. Sure hope they 'considered' it!

.........."( and they showed a small 'engine area' in their plans for the factory)"...........
URL for the plans please?
Also consider that in the greater scheme of things you are after details at the 20 ft level and Paul is working on details at the 20,000 ft level.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

.........."( and they showed a small 'engine area' in their plans for the factory)"...........
URL for the plans please?
Also consider that in the greater scheme of things you are after details at the 20 ft level and Paul is working on details at the 20,000 ft level.

Incidentally, I took the time to look up Paul Elios answer from the July 2 AMA and here it is.
"PaulElioMotors --------- answering Rog Wild on Reddit
Our casting supplier is Nemak. The process for the engine build is that Comau employees will build the Elio engines on the equipment we purchased from Comau, with Elio employees watching. Then we will flip-flop. Elio employees will build our engines with Comau employees watching, and eventually we will wave them away and say "we've got it from here."

I believe you are correct that the 1,500 employee estimate does not include the engine assembly. That is the vehicle assembly only."
Hope that is helpful
Sorry, I should have included Rog Wild's question so here it is.

........."
RogWild 9 points 3 days ago

Mr. Elio; ref. IAV ENGINES - WHO and WHERE will the Parts for the 500-1,000 Engines (per day) be 'CAST' in order to keep the assembly line running? How will the “Elio Motors Engine Manufacturing Facility” and the regular 'Vehicle Assembly Plant', be able to function at that capacity (one engine/ vehicle per minute) with only 1,200 employees, when the Ford's Brook Park Plant (with 1,200 experienced workers, and a 1,200.000 sq. ft facility) currently only produces 50 EcoBoost engines per hour, running 24/7...... and they are ALL devoted to just making ENGINES!".............

Last edited:

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
URL for the plans please?...
The diagram of the proposed factory layout, along with the name of the plant manager was in one of their Tech Talks or Blogs. Unfortunately, without a [Search] function, and three years of archives, .... I'm finding mostly information on 'Tour Events'.

Top Bottom