• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P3 Fenders

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally , I would prefer to eliminate the light bar entirely in lieu of 2 classy orbs ala Ferrari . Probably cheaper too .

1966-ferrari-275-gtb-competizione-scaglietti-rear-three-quarter-view.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Idea: Elio could offer 5 + body styles with a 1000 + different options menu and once you complete the lengthy on line ordering form your custom Elio is 3D Printed at the Elio Store nearest you and ready for pickup the very next day. They could even do gas cap and dash options. Automation to that scale would cut the work force in half and potentially lower the current $6800 target price dramatically on labor savings alone. Hell, EM may not even need the Shreveport factory with Elio Store 3D printing capability saving even more on overhead costs. I'm sensing $4800 max using the latest in 3D modeling technology.

Warning: The Body Style and options you choose may be hazardous to your 84 MPG.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very good! With all due respect, I don't care if it was inspired by a woodchuck's hind end, it still looks better than the P4. I don't know about others but I would give up one or two miles to the gallon to have a car I enjoy looking at. Elio wants to offer options, ok, then offer the car with a choice of P3 or P4 fenders and rear end. Sounds like a good way for them to make some extra money to me.

When looking at things that impact mileage you need to consider the potential impact on DoE ATVM loans for UEV which is a minimum 75 MPG. Sure, the P3 concept is pretty. But unfortunately there are some real world issues that have to be considered. And let's face it.......... Getting the autocycle produced is the important issue.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When looking at things that impact mileage you need to consider the potential impact on DoE ATVM loans for UEV which is a minimum 75 MPG. Sure, the P3 concept is pretty. But unfortunately there are some real world issues that have to be considered. And let's face it.......... Getting the autocycle produced is the important issue.
Can't argue with that. Unfortunately, the heart wants what the heart wants. I'm the stubborn type, when I get the car I'll figure a way to make it happen.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In order to revive fresh interest in the Elio, Elio Motors will now be offering a gas cap shaped like an Elgin dash, on the LEFT side of the car!

Act now to reserve yours. Why not go $1001 in?

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a P3 fan all the way. Wish the body style was an option. BTW, where has the P3 been for the last couple months????? Haven't seen it on the tour schedule.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They can do the same thing Fiat did and offer it as a "retro" style.
Just to be clear, when I say P3 I'm talking about the fenders and rear end design... If these were offered as a "upgrade" option I would be willing to pay any reasonable amount for it. I still can't understand why they want to replace that elegant rear design with that ugly, black, hind end that looks like an afterthought. And those bulbous, alien looking fenders.... One or two MPG be damned, I want something that looks good too!

Top Bottom