• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P3 Fenders

jimvw57

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I like the p3 fenders and the headlights but the P4 is growing on me. Although the P3 with a set of chrome teardrop headlights would look great.... now add one of those sound generators that hook to the gas pedal and make it sound like a v12... that would confuse a few people!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the p3 fenders and the headlights but the P4 is growing on me. Although the P3 with a set of chrome teardrop headlights would look great.... now add one of those sound generators that hook to the gas pedal and make it sound like a v12... that would confuse a few people!!
All perfect aftermarket items.
A place where outsiders can make (or lose) a pile of money bringing these items to market; EBay here we come! :D
I guess it's time to put the thinking caps on and figure out what part of the niche market would be the best money maker.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score

yes ..... add a 32 Ford Outside radiator and the front of my Elio is shaping up !

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
V12 Ferrari Engine Sound Maker

61ia6mNGJ7L._SL1280_.jpg

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had the front grille stolen from my '03 Mustang while it sat in our Wal-mart parking lot.
The thief or thieves had to have been pretty good mechanics with just the right tools.
They also had must have been flexible and had to have spent at least ten minutes at the vehicle.
Four hard to reach hidden screws and Four hard to reach hidden bolts out without the hood released.
They only left a few small scratches where they pried the grille/bumper outward to get at the lower bolts.
Totally clean job. They took all the screws, bolts and fastenters too.

Knowing my own temperament and tolerance for thieves, I'd say they had a lot of jazz and were lucky.
Sounds like the thieves were needing a new grille for their own '03 Mustang and knew the removal routine.

Your story reminds me of a friend who, in high school had a late '60s Barracuda with hubcaps. He wanted the full wheel covers and trim rings, and found them on a car parked at a shopping center. He "liberated" the wheel covers and trim rings, and swapped them out with the rinky-dink hubcaps from his car.
I've long imagined the reaction when the car's owner returned and thought, "It looks like my car, but the wheels are wrong!"

A postscript to this story: He later became a cop. During the job interview they asked him if he'd ever stolen anything, and he admitted to this tale. They asked him if he sold the wheel covers and trim rings. Since he hadn't, it was apparently OK with them for hiring purposes.

Top Bottom