• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
11-9-14 .... Bears vs Packers .... from looking at the folks in the stands, it has to be cold up there .... I really don't know what to expect from tonight's game

Jim

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Alright, let's do a review of Week 10 in duh NFL...

The media can definitely overreact to things that happen during an NFL weekend, but for the Bears... wow, things are not going well. The Packers offense is very good, and when Rodgers is on, nobody is holding them under 30 pts, but my goodness. As JEBar said, 6 TDs in the first half? A couple were really nice runs after the catch too. I told my fiancée, who is a Packers fan, before the game started, that it would be bad to be a Bears fan before this game. You could feel the sense of impending doom. Sometimes those feelings I get are wrong, but I was right on that one. 55-14, and it was over at the start of the 2nd qtr. 42-0 at half.

Let's get into some surprises: the Steelers visiting the Jets and losing seems to be a big one. Rothlisberger (sp?) and Antonio Brown had really bad games. The Jets came to fight, and they came away with a 20-13 win. And it wasn't that close. Another surprise: SF goes to the Big Easy and beats New Orleans in OT. Great game, back and forth, then the hail mary at the end of regulation where Graham clearly pushes off defender and gets the offensive pass interference call from two refs, as he catches the would-be-game-winning TD. I hear that Graham said after the game that he didn't push off, that he was telling himself as he ran down the field, don't push off, don't push off.... well, you pushed off Jimmy, sorry. :-)

Maybe not so much a surprise, but clearly a very tough victory, was KC winning in Buffalo. My Chiefs are not getting much credit or buzz, as Mike and Mike on ESPN2 are going with Buffalo losing the game rather than KC winning it. Well, if it would've been New England or Denver or Dallas, that team would've "won" it. Chiefs were down 13-3, on the road, against a VERY good defense that allows 75 yds rushing per game, and KC ran the ball and caused turnovers, scored 14 pts in the 4th qtr, and got the win.

Detroit makes a last-minute play to beat Miami 20-16, a very good game too. Lions fans are glad to have Calvin Johnson back. Seven catches, 113 yds, 1 TD. Stafford made a great throw at the end to get the go-ahead TD.

Dallas handled Jacksonville as expected in jolly old England, 31-17. Baltimore hosted Tennessee, it was 7-7 at half, then the Ravens pulled away to win 21-7. Atlanta went to Tampa and beat a feisty Bucs team 27-17. Denver found themselves behind Oakland 10-6 in the 2nd qtr! Holy smoke! Alas, the winless Raiders would score only 1 TD and that was with 0:48 left in the game, Denver routs them 41-17 in Oak. Manning did throw 2 INTs, man if you can't take advantage of the that, how can you beat Denver? Manning's TD/INTs for the season stands at 29/7. Uh-mazing. There are 4 other QBs with equally amazing numbers so far.

Arizona beats a Rams team that hung in there for 3 qtrs., AZ wins going away 31-14, despite losing Palmer for the season. AZ has had many games with their backup QBs playing, and the Cards stand at 8-1. Several tough games to come, but they look like the real deal. Is the Super Bowl in Glendale, AZ this year? The Cards may get a home field advantage, who knows?

Seahawks handled the Giants, despite (another) bad game from Wilson at QB, and the Giants making very much a game of it. Yes, Giants were ahead 17-14 at half. It was tied at 17 after 3. Similar to the Rams, the Giants played well for 3 qtrs. Then it all came crashing down, Seahawks win 38-17. Whoa, Seattle rushed for 350 yds. Aye carumba!

Tonight for MNF, it is Carolina at Philly. Carolina will be desperate, then are 3-5-1. They do have a shot, as Mark Sanchez will be starting for the Eagles, who are playing the rest of the season without their best defender, MLB DeMeco Ryans, and at least 6 games without Nick Foles at QB. If Cam Newton plays well, the Panthers have a shot.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lambeau Field
This is what ESPN failed to show you on that Monday night,
Apparently, they thought their commercials were more important than showing this scene for about 5 seconds.

[Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

Just got the above in an e-mail.......thought it was cool and wanted to share.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Argh trying pics again......

LF1.jpg

LF2.jpg

LF3.jpg

LF4.jpg

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
9/11/2014 Those who attended the game said it was extremely emotional to see the entire bowl of the stadium turn red, white and blue. It took 90 workers two weeks to get all of the colored card boards mounted under each seat. Each piece of card board had eye slits in them so the fans could hold up the colored sheet and still see through the eye slits. Every seat had to have the proper card, with no mistakes, to make this happen.

Top Bottom