• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Florida State @ Louisville tonight .... this could be a tough one for the Noles

Jim

You called it Jim, sounded like Fla St. did all they could to allow Louisville to win, but the 'Noles managed to blow by them and win, was it 42-31? And talk is that Fla St. plays no more ranked teams and if they can win a game like last night's game, should be able to win the rest? We shall see!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
talk is that Fla St. plays no more ranked teams and if they can win a game like last night's game, should be able to win the rest? We shall see!

Florida State has a world of talent but not as much as they did last year .... unfortunately, they have had and continue to have players who can't seem to stay out of trouble .... some of them were thugs growing up and when they get into college that doesn't change .... they will probably be the ACC Champion again this year, Duke is the only other team with a shot at them and there are some pretty long odds against the Blue Devils taking them down

Jim

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had my first vacation in over a year this past week, went to San Diego to be in the hospital when a granddaughter was born. When in the plane in Denver on Fri night, flight attendant thanked San Diego fans for the Broncos win. :)

Glad you like the posts Mr. Lock! I do enjoy the NFL. After I get caught up on my work tasks, I'll post some NFL thoughts.

Congrats Grandpa! and glad to see you back to work reporting on this thread :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Duke rolled up another victory today but they really had to work for it .... it took a double overtime for them to top Pitt 51 to 48

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
11-2-14 .... Sunday Night Football .... Ravens VS Steelers .... thankfully the Steelers are back in their regular uniforms ..:).. the Ravens have jumped out front, so far the Steelers look flat

Jim

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
A GREAT week 9 in the NFL with MNF to go tonight, Colts and Giants.

It's interesting, quite a few games this season have one team score the first TD of the game, then the other team goes on the rampage and scores the next 20-27 pts. Ravens go up 7-0, and as was stated above, Rothelisberger (sp?) takes a shoulder to the jaw, then he throws half a dozen TDs in a rout of the Ravens. Having the beast = Antonio Brown doesn't hurt. Man, he put a couple of stiff-arms on would-be tacklers last night that were just incredible. He wasn't even looking at one defender, and down went the defender in his dust. Suggs is a thug for Balt, perhaps on his jersey they can replace the 'S' with a 'TH'.

We'll stay in the AFC North, since all teams are above .500... Browns beat the Bucs, big game coming up Thur with the Bengals and Browns. Bengals beat the Jags, game was never really in question as far as I know. So... anytime there's an intra-division game for the AFC North, it'll be huge in determining who will win that division.

Denver went up 7-3, and New England kicked it into overdrive. 27-7 at half, never a game after that. Gronkowski is the man. If he gets hurt, I see New England being vulnerable again. Since the KC loss on MNF, Patriots are rolling over everyone.

Dallas goes up 10-0, looks like Weeden has a shot to get a win as a starting QB. Nnnnnope. He didn't play well, and the Arizona juggernaut continues. It was only 14-10 AZ in the 4th, but too many Dallas interceptions and punts, and AZ wins going away.

A Mark Sanchez sighting... and get used to it, cuz Foles broke his collar bone and will be out a while, maybe the rest of the regular season. Sanchez played well and the Eags beat Houston by 10. My Chiefs played as expected, which means they played pretty well and handled the Jets with ease. I feel bad for Jets fans. On 4th down, toward end of game, Vick is rolling out, has a guy open in front of him, and just throws the ball out of bounds. Ooy.

Rivers did what Rivers has done at times in his career: just have a completely horrible game. 12-23 passing for 138 yds. Ouch. Three INTs. Double ouch. One fumble lost. Triple ouch. Charger defense was bad too, allowed 28 first downs. Miami rolls and suddenly looks promising in a shutout of SD, who has lost 3 in a row and is glad for their next opponent... a bye. The Vikings beat the Redskins. I picked the Vikes to win purely because RGIII was starting, I assumed he'd be rusty. And how 'bout them Rams, they have now beaten SF this week and Seattle previously, both division rivals. Nice. The Rams schedule is just murderous... so a 3-5 record for them is impressive.

Seattle beats Oakland, score was close but game wasn't. Well we should give the Raiders credit, it was 24-17 Hawks at the end of 3rd qtr. The Saints thumped Carolina in the Thurs. game before Halloween.

Top Bottom