• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My mother is an avid Earnheart Senior fan. Has many things of his autographed. Has a bedroom we call the Earnheart room. Was waiting on the race to finish to light her birthday candles when He Crashed. Put a sad note on her birthday. Today she is turning 80. She pulls for JR now , just because he has a bit of his dad in him.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been a Roush fan for years and have long cheered for Kenseth, Edwards, and Biffle. With Kenseth & Edwards now racing for Gibbs along side of Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin I'm a little confused who to support. I'm also a strong supporter of Danica Patrick and admire her determination and flashes of great driving. She does need more consistency and aggression.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My mother is an avid Earnheart Senior fan. Has many things of his autographed. Has a bedroom we call the Earnheart room. Was waiting on the race to finish to light her birthday candles when He Crashed. Put a sad note on her birthday. Today she is turning 80. She pulls for JR now , just because he has a bit of his dad in him.

I was a 3 fan .... started following him back when he drove on the dirt tracks in western NC .... there is little doubt that in the early days, many folks became Jr fans for the same reason as your mother .... he's expanded that fan base and the way he ran last year, no doubt even more folks will be coming on board

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"Kurt Busch suspended by NASCAR: #41-Kurt Busch has been suspended indefinitely, according to ESPN's Marty Smith and multiple reports. Earlier Friday it was ruled that Busch smashed his ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll's head against his motor home wall Sept. 26 at Dover International Speedway, according to the conclusions of a Kent County (Del.) family court commissioner who granted Driscoll's request for a protective order Monday. Busch was scheduled to race Sunday at Daytona International Speedway, where he was slated to start 24th in the Daytona 500, the sport's biggest event."

taken from this link where more info is available

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Kurt Busch suspended by NASCAR: #41-Kurt Busch has been suspended indefinitely, according to ESPN's Marty Smith and multiple reports. Earlier Friday it was ruled that Busch smashed his ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll's head against his motor home wall Sept. 26 at Dover International Speedway, according to the conclusions of a Kent County (Del.) family court commissioner who granted Driscoll's request for a protective order Monday. Busch was scheduled to race Sunday at Daytona International Speedway, where he was slated to start 24th in the Daytona 500, the sport's biggest event."

taken from this link where more info is available
Thanks. I hadn't seen that. Domestic violence is having devastating consequences everywhere.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I admire NASCAR for holding off until a legal decision was rendered and then taking immediate action .... our law is still based on innocent until proven guilty .... I haven't seen that in some other sports .... the question now for SHR is who will they put in the seat .... they have to have been considering this for a while

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
per this link .... Sources report XFINITY Series driver Regan Smith is expected to replace Busch in SHR's #41 Chevy in the Daytona 500.

in the pondering about it column --- can you see Regan Smith being the perminent replacement for Kurt ? .... what big name drivers are available ?

Top Bottom