• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the trucks are running at Daytona and they just had "the big one" .... so far no reports of any injuries but a bunch of trucks have been reduced to scrap metal

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it appears that Kurt is going to fight the suspension .... unless the ruling by the Kent County (Del.) family court commissioner is reversed, it would be hard to see how Kurt's attorney has much of a chance of getting NASCAR to reverse the ruling

"Busch's attorney Rusty Hardin said the suspension will be appealed. "We are extremely disappointed that NASCAR has suspended Kurt Busch and we plan an immediate appeal," Hardin said in a statement. "We assure everyone, including NASCAR, that this action against Mr. Busch will turn out to be a travesty of justice, apparent to all, as this story continues to unfold." An expedited appeal could occur before the race Sunday. Hardin, who cannot represent Busch in the NASCAR appeal because the appeal process does not allow for lawyers to represent NASCAR members, reiterated his hope that the family court commissioner reconsiders his opinion based on additional evidence that would show Driscoll is not credible."

taken from this link

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pick a winner game rules...

1. Pick a driver each week and post your choice here before the green flag drops for that race.
2. NASCAR points for the race will be added to your total each week.
3. More than one person can use the same driver any week.
4. Points penalties received post race will not count against your week totals. You get away with being a cheater, just to make things easier.
5. Highest points at the end of the season gets appointed "Grand Hoo-Bob NASCAR Know It All", and will receive such respect as that lofty position demands. :)

I will offer as my reward to the winner, a pound of some of Wisconsin's dairy goodness in the form of cheese. Other competitors are welcome to add to this, but not required. ***No gambling, no cash!*** We're just having a little fun here while we wait for the 2017 Daytona pace car to be built.

Let's roll boys, I'm no 'Yota fan, but I gotta go with homey Matt Kenseth this weekend. He's been strong since tthey unloaded.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Kurt Busch suspended by NASCAR: #41-Kurt Busch has been suspended indefinitely, according to ESPN's Marty Smith and multiple reports. Earlier Friday it was ruled that Busch smashed his ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll's head against his motor home wall Sept. 26 at Dover International Speedway, according to the conclusions of a Kent County (Del.) family court commissioner who granted Driscoll's request for a protective order Monday. Busch was scheduled to race Sunday at Daytona International Speedway, where he was slated to start 24th in the Daytona 500, the sport's biggest event."

taken from this link where more info is available

Its a shame for Busch. I don't think its right. I don't believe the ex at all. Only person being abused here is Busch

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Its a shame for Busch. I don't think its right. I don't believe the ex at all. Only person being abused here is Busch

I tend to agree that KB's ex is unbelievable. I think most people would agree that KB has a temper problem as he has a long history of temper problems. A lot of people describe KB as a jerk. My guess is that his ex is in her way of thinking getting even for the little things she has put up with during her relationship with KB. (Just speculation). KB's on track history is well documented. The Bristol incident with Jimmy Spencer in 2002, Jimmy's retaliation at Indy the same year, and the All Star race altercation with Robby Gordon where KB was fined $10K. In 2003 KB retaliated with JS at Michigan by wrecking him and JS broke KB's nose afterwards. Nascar benched KB for the Bristol race after that one. In 2005 KB was arrested for suspicion of DUI in Phoenix and Rousch sat KB for the final 2 races of 2005. I think KB did some community service in that incident. In the 2007 all star race KB got into it with his brother Kyle and they didn't speak to each other for several months until their grandmother stepped in and encouraged them to apologize to each other. Numerous other incidents I won't list, but you get the drift. I have a hard time believing that KB bashed his ex's face into the motor home. But I believe with his checkered past he is not getting the benefit of the doubt any more. It is a shame for KB because he is an extremely talented driver. In today's climate where the Main Stream Media has become everybody's conscience, I think that Nascar did what they thought they had to do. My guess is that KB will be racing again soon.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe with his checkered past he is not getting the benefit of the doubt any more. It is a shame for KB because he is an extremely talented driver. In today's climate where the Main Stream Media has become everybody's conscience, I think that Nascar did what they thought they had to do. My guess is that KB will be racing again soon.

agree completely .... his driving record alone while at the underfunded Furniture Row team is one that few can duplicate .... unless cleared in a criminal court, in today's environment it will be tough for him to get another ride any time soon .... example :

"Statement from Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Motorsports and Performance Vehicles: "Chevrolet has suspended its relationship with Kurt Busch indefinitely. We will continue to monitor the events surrounding Mr. Busch and are prepared to take additional action if necessary."(Team Chevy)" ... taken from this link

domestic violence is a hot button issue today, one so intense that businesses have no stomach to be on the wrong side of public opinion .... I have no clue what actually happened but his history (noted above) is a major problem for him

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Busch's ex could very well not be telling the truth and Busch could be getting the shaft right now however I have to say I believe NASCAR has handled this about as well as they could based on the circumstances. Despite much negative publicity NASCAR waited to take any discipline action against Busch until a judge made this ruling:

"The Court finds by a preponderance of the evidence that, on September 26, 2014, Respondent [Busch] committed an act of domestic violence against Petitioner [Driscoll] by manually strangling her by placing his left hand on her throat, while placing his right hand on her chin and face and smashing her head into the wall of his motor home,"

There is simply no way NASCAR could wait on the sidelines any longer after a judge issued that ruling. Unfortunately for Busch he is not really known for having a calm demeanor and this follows several high profile domestic violence in sports cases over the past year which have raised the level of scrutiny that sanctioning bodies are facing over how they treat these cases. This incident is also claimed to have happened on the grounds of and during a NASCAR sanctioned event which makes it even harder for NASCAR ignore.

Last edited:

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agree completely .... his driving record alone while at the underfunded Furniture Row team is one that few can duplicate .... unless cleared in a criminal court, in today's environment it will be tough for him to get another ride any time soon .... example :

"Statement from Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Motorsports and Performance Vehicles: "Chevrolet has suspended its relationship with Kurt Busch indefinitely. We will continue to monitor the events surrounding Mr. Busch and are prepared to take additional action if necessary."(Team Chevy)" ... taken from this link

domestic violence is a hot button issue today, one so intense that businesses have no stomach to be on the wrong side of public opinion .... I have no clue what actually happened but his history (noted above) is a major problem for him

Had not seen Jim Campbell's statement. Take back my suggestion that KB might be back racing soon. Now think KB would have to be exonerated completely before Nascar could allow him to race. That could be a long legal battle.

No doubt JEB that what he did with Furniture Row was unbelievable. He drove his tail off while he was there.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Now think KB would have to be exonerated completely before Nascar could allow him to race. That could be a long legal battle..

I agree .... he's in for a tough time .... hopefully he's put money away because unless this is resolved totally in his favor, I don't see a company wanting to be associated with him for a while

Top Bottom