• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I've Actually Sat In The Elio And Here Is One Thing I Would Change!

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, if we want to show favorite cars, here's mine. Jaguar E Type. A beautiful, unreliable work of art. :p

2-profile-down.jpg
I actually prefer the coupe, but YEA, gotta be in my top 3 or 4.

1545_jaguar_e-type.jpg

PipSquack

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I would bet that self-dimming side mirrors may be a popular add-on. With the thinner cabin/rear end & low mount point of the mirrors, the rightward-angled driver side headlight of the guy behind you may be right on line to blind us if they tailgate. (this coming from a guy whose last 3 out of 4 vehicles were trucks/suvs)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would bet that self-dimming side mirrors may be a popular add-on. With the thinner cabin/rear end & low mount point of the mirrors, the rightward-angled driver side headlight of the guy behind you may be right on line to blind us if they tailgate. (this coming from a guy whose last 3 out of 4 vehicles were trucks/suvs)

good point, it will be interesting to see how it goes

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love those "shields" (Vent Visors, Vent Shades, etc.) too. I have no doubt there will be enough demand that those aftermarket companies will make some that fit the Elio perfectly! I do wonder what the additional "drag" will do to the mileage, tho. On the other hand, window tint won't hurt mileage at all...but, wont keep the rain out.
Had that problem with one of my vehicles, a little careful heating of the shield allowed me to form it to the vehicle.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had that problem with one of my vehicles, a little careful heating of the shield allowed me to form it to the vehicle.

I guess I've been lucky, never had a problem. I don't know how you heated yours but based on my experience bending another product made of lucite I would suggest that anyone who needs to do any bending do so by letting it set a few seconds in hot water. This will soften the plastic without the risk of scorching it with a flame. ;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I've been lucky, never had a problem. I don't know how you heated yours but based on my experience bending another product made of lucite I would suggest that anyone who needs to do any bending do so by letting it set a few seconds in hot water. This will soften the plastic without the risk of scorching it with a flame. ;)
Never use flame on polycarbonate unless you want to damage it; hot water, maybe, but it doesn't work real well on heavy gauge or anything over 1/16" thick. Either use a heat gun (not a hair dryer) or a heating element.
Heat elements are good for long narrow areas for bending, a heat gun is good for larger areas.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Still the most beautiful automobile design ever. Flaws galore, but lordy, those lines are marvelous.
And they still build it; there's a car company that is building a car that is identical to the E-type but it has the majority of flaws fixed plus it has some new tech where they could sneak it in. I think they start at $1,000,000.00 and go up from there.

Reactions: Ekh

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And they still build it; there's a car company that is building a car that is identical to the E-type but it has the majority of flaws fixed plus it has some new tech where they could sneak it in. I think they start at $1,000,000.00 and go up from there.

Got ya! Yesterday you posted....

Can we get back on topic now?

Topic is: "I've Actually Sat In The Elio And Here Is One Thing I Would Change!"

and here you are doing it yourself. For shame! :rolleyes:

All is forgiven. We are all enthusiastic about cars or we wouldn't be on this forum.

Considering there are 45,000 people already wanting to buy the Elio, and considering the relatively small percentage who participate on this site, I kind of feel the more posts the better... even if we do stray a little. It's all in good fun and a few posts with dribble is better than no posts at all. That's why I've make several post in the Elio Humor thread! This forum could use more content.

About that new E-Type. I not a regular viewer of Top Gear, but I did see a clip of the character who stars in it test driving the car. He loved it, and, if I'm not mistaken, I think he said the one he was testing was close to half a million. Cool car but horrible price. If you want to see aother modern E-Type beauty click on this link.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=424686

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom